Enscape for Mac 2.1.0 Preview 1

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released Enscape for Mac 2.1.0 Preview 1.

NEW:

Rhino 7 Support

Enscape for Mac now supports Rhino 7 as well. If you had Enscape installed previously, please make sure to enable Rhino support in the Advanced menu of the installer.

Enscape Material Library

You can now access our collection of pre-made materials. Import the desired material and tweak it additionally in the Enscape Material Editor if you need to.

Batch Rendering

You can now render multiple views at once by using the Batch Rendering button in the Enscape window.

UPDATE:

Improved Render Quality via NVIDIA Denoiser for Capture Exports

Image and video capture exports are now using the NVIDIA ReLAX denoiser if the corresponding Renderer Setting is enabled (previously Nvidia Denoiser setting only affected real-time walkthroughs). Noise on captured images and videos, especially on rough metallic surfaces, is much improved compared to before.

Created Uninstall Application and Shortcut

Uninstallation process is now simplified and more user friendly.

Improved Startup Performance

We made several improvements to reduce Enscape’s startup time. For instance, Enscape is now running natively on Apple Silicon.

Created Uninstall Application

Enscape now installs an uninstaller application that makes uninstalling more user friendly.

You can always acquire our latest Enscape for Mac (and Windows) Preview here.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or through our help center.

• Hi there,

Amazing!

Just tried it and it's nice too finally see it compatible on Mac with Rhino!!! Pretty smooth for a Beta for now, but I'll test a few things out and come back with more feedback, haha

Will there be a release also for Rhino 8? And are there also developments going on to integrate the raytracing of M3?

Cheers,

Miru

• Official Post

Hi, does this version include some bug fixes for 2.0.1.72?

This version (as is the case with usually every preview/service pack) includes further improvements made to stability including bug fixes which in turn should also lead to less crashes which you've posted about prior.

So if you have the chance kindly try the latest preview for yourself and if you experience any specific problems or crashes still, please simply forward them via a feedback report, which is generally the best way to forward any issues in general so that we can keep track of them in connection to your machine information, log files and so forth. Thanks a lot in advance.

• This version (as is the case with usually every preview/service pack) includes further improvements made to stability including bug fixes which in turn should also lead to less crashes which you've posted about prior.

So if you have the chance kindly try the latest preview for yourself and if you experience any specific problems or crashes still, please simply forward them via a feedback report, which is generally the best way to forward any issues in general so that we can keep track of them in connection to your machine information, log files and so forth. Thanks a lot in advance.

Unfortunately, it has been tested and does not fix the software bugs that were previously reported.

• Official Post

Unfortunately, it has been tested and does not fix the software bugs that were previously reported.

I am sorry to hear about that. Please kindly still forward any issues you do still experience via a feedback report, so that we can keep track of them alongside your machine information and log files especially as mentioned: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

Where can I download this?

The latest Enscape for Mac preview can always be acquired here after scrolling down to the second half of this page.

• Preview 1 seems more stable which is great! But it doesn't update the render when the existing geometry is edited. I often have to cut geometry and paste it back for the render window to update. Also still having issues from the previous version of having to click again for materials and light sources to edit.

Enscape: You can see the old geometry still there after rounding this corner in SketchUp

SketchUp: The Corner was round when Enscape started, then I rounded it in SU and it doesn't update in Enscape. There are different levels to which it does not update, sometimes not at all and sometimes partially as seen above.

• Official Post

suguru thank you for reporting. Material change bugfix is done and will be in the next preview or release. We are validating now if the same bug introduced geometry update issues.

• I had to switch back to the previous version, the render previews are just too bad to work with for any kind of production.

5 minutes later...

I had to switch back again, last version is just too unstable and keeps freezing my entire machine! I still can't believe y'all are charging full price for a clearly beta product, this is insanely FRUSTRATING! Ugghhhh, I just want software that works when I pay $500+/year!!!

This is what it should say when you open the latest version, NOT the Preview version. How are you still taking peoples money for this!?