How do I fix Enscape's screen-shaking problem when using vritual reality (Oculus Meta Quest 2)?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello everyone!

I'm encountering a rather annoying problem concerning the installation of a client. She has an Oculus metaquest 2 VR headset. When she launches virtual reality from a Standalone project or directly from Enscape, the screen in the headset starts to shake violently, preventing all use. This is not due to the configuration of the PC or the version of the drivers, which are up to date.

I have several theories on this problem:

Do I need to make precise settings in SteamVr or Oculus?

Can certain texture catalogs cause this lag?

What are the prerequisites for a VR-compatible project?

I can't find much information on the web about this problem.

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

Hey Media Help ,

That's weird, I don't think I have heard of this before.

Ah, wait a second. By "shake violently", are you perhaps referring to a low frame rate? The performance is bad?

If that's the case, there's a ton of possible reasons for it, one of them is using a lot of very high resolution textures, yes.

As a first step, I'd try to set the Rendering Quality in the Visual Settings to Draft and see if that makes the issue any better.

Depending on what design application the client is using, one good way to see if performance is the reason is to try it with a sample project of that design application, or one of the examples we provide on our website: https://enscape3d.com/free-sample-projects/

Hope this helps!

• Thank you for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.

Indeed, I find it odd too. VR only works badly on Enscape. Do you have a knowledge base oriented on VR so that I can document myself more in depth?

I'll describe it in more detail. There's an obvious drop in fps. Textures shake violently and a black screen is visible at the extremities of the image and doesn't instantly follow head movements. When VR is launched, my client's PC goes up to 10GB of Ram used, which is enormous. I think the problem may lie with the projects used. Do you have any texture libraries to recommend?

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

Hey Media Help ,

we have an entire collection of knowledgebase articles covering VR - here it is:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/?s…nowledgebase&kbe_taxonomy[]=revit&kbe_tags[]=Virtual-Reality

In general, regarding texture libraries there's a great blog post on where to find good resources online: https://blog.enscape3d.com/fre…or-architectural-projects

If the issues persist, please send in a support ticket using the Feedback button in Enscape. Let me know if there are questions!