Render to Matterport

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • As a Matterport customer I would love to have a "render to Matterport" workflow from Enscape. I have no idea if such a thing is feasible; I'm just dreaming.

• user manually places instances of special "scan point" asset to indicate panorama locations
    • user clicks a button to batch render all panoramas and upload them directly to their existing Matterport account
    • once a project is under construction, real-life Matterport captures can be obtained and compared with the Enscape-rendered tour(s)

I've had experience with other "panorama tour" options, but Matterport has been the easiest and most robust for me as a content author, and more importantly provides the best end-user experience for clients and project stakeholders (in my opinion).

• Does Matterport even allow the importing of panos other than from cameras?

I and others use 3DVista for our pano tours, everything here was built in SU and rendered with Enscape:

Moira One - Type 1A
    Virtual Tour
    www.tours.blockcpm.studio

Chichester Park - The Fairley
    Virtual Tour
    www.chichester.blockcpm.studio

St Peters 3D Model
    Virtual Tour
    www.tours.blockcpm.studio

• There is at least one company now that is spamming offering fully CGI Matterport tours on the usual Matterport forums. From what I can tell the workflow involves rendering individual panos and then using the Android version of Matterport Capture to upload them as "scans". It sounds totally unsupported, but I think it's a great idea.

3DVista looks like a great alternative to Matterport, for sure. I guess the goal here is greater integration... one place (or at least fewer places) to store and view project information throughout the design and construction phases. And Matterport has the best client-side user experience, in my opinion... something that has clearly not been a huge priority for Autodesk.

Matterport appears to be very open to integration with independent cloud services all along the design-build-market project timeline. What I haven't found is a way to add high quality rendered design imagery, and it seems Enscape would be a great way to do that.

• Matterport are famous for keeping outsides out, it used to be that only their cameras could be used for capture and even now (as I understand it) they only approve a couple of 3rd party models.

You cannot host their tours anywhere other than their servers, we currently have over 20gb of tours for which we pay less than $50/month for a VPS server with unlimited bandwidth, Matterport hosting would be multiples of that.

The only thing MP has that others don’t is their dollhouse toy and it requires depth info to be generated, panos from Enscape (and I assume VRay etc) do not have that info so can not be used to generate the dollhouse.

I’ve heard of things like the Android app you describe that sneaks external data into MP tours before but they get shutdown relatively quickly. If MP ever officially provide 3rd parties with an API I’ll pick a nice hat and eat it. (You might guess I’m no fan of them… at all)