Enscape Issue - Black and White?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello!

I have a Dell Precision 7740 laptop and have been using SketchUp 2021 with Enscape version 3.1.2 +55592 with no issues.

My issue is that they are phasing out the SketchUp 3D warehouse for SketchUp 2021. I have not been able to update to SketchUp 2023 version with any Enscape newer than the 3.1.2 as the rendering screen is black and white and very out of sorts.

My question is, is my Dell Precision laptop not up to snuff for the newer system requirements? My graphics card is an AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200. Admittedly, I don't know anything about computers, I'm an interior designer. With that being said, and if the system requirements aren't being met, does anyone have a new laptop suggestion? Perhaps something Costco carries? :)

Thank you!

• Official Post

Hi bainesbuilt , thanks for your inquiry.

Right away you can check out our dedicated system requirements here to get an overall idea of what we reccomend in order to run Enscape as fluently as possible:

System Requirements - Windows - Enscape

Regrading those issues you experience, feel free to make sure that you have installed the latest graphics card drivers available for your Radeon Pro WX 3200 (which should be acquired directly from AMD's homepage, not updated automatically via Windows or such), but please also be aware that your system at this point just meets our minimum requirements. Still, you can also always submit a feedback report with log files in case of technical problems like this and our support team will be able to analyze the cause behind it further.

And if you wish to upgrade, I'd look into machine with ideally at least a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. Depending your budget you can of course also look into another model which has a RTX 3070 or even RTX 4070 built in instead, or of course any of the other GPU's in between from the RTX series (3060, 4080 etc.). If there is a system administrator or similar available in your company, it would likely make sense to reach out to them as well for some recommendations based on said budget.

Last but not least feel free to also let me know how much you wish to spend and I can provide more detailed tailored tips as well. :)

If you have any further questions or something is not entirely clear please let me know anytime.