Increased Rendered Quality Makes Screenshot Image More Yellow

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Draft quality:

Medium Quality:

High Quality:

Ultra:

Preview set to ultimate render before screenshot is saved:

Why is the preview image so vastly inaccurate compared to the rendered version?

• yeah that is odd - something isn't right there.

Could it be that you have created a scene with so many light sources that it can't show them in the preview- but they are then fully kicking in after?

Is each candle a sphere light? Are you using indirect lighting/emissive surfaces?

• You don’t say what graphics card you have, my card is an RTX2070 8gb and it’s really struggling with my increasing model density and increasing Enscape features.

I see a difference between what is in the Enscape window vs what gets rendered, it’s manageable for me (for now) but if your card isn’t upto spec and your asking too much of it I could see it producing the results you posted above.

What’s the spec of your machine?, what version of SU/Enscape are you running?

• yeah that is odd - something isn't right there.

Could it be that you have created a scene with so many light sources that it can't show them in the preview- but they are then fully kicking in after?

Is each candle a sphere light? Are you using indirect lighting/emissive surfaces?

The candles do have an illumination source. There is a PNG of a candle flame with minimal illumination in the Enscape material setting. Then, there is a small orb light set at the top of the candle as well. I have everything set extremely low, and I wouldn't expect them to flood the scene with that much light by increasing the render quality.

You don’t say what graphics card you have, my card is an RTX2070 8gb and it’s really struggling with my increasing model density and increasing Enscape features.

I see a difference between what is in the Enscape window vs what gets rendered, it’s manageable for me (for now) but if your card isn’t upto spec and your asking too much of it I could see it producing the results you posted above.

What’s the spec of your machine?, what version of SU/Enscape are you running?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6GB (up-to-date drivers)

Sketchup: v23.1.340
    Enscape: 3.5.6+204048 (I updated it before posting to make sure it didn't fix my issue.)

I don't mind how long it takes to render; it's just that the quality of it is so inaccurate in the final output. This wasn't a problem six months ago with the same models, but it has recently become a thing.

• Your rtx2060 with its small 6GB is almost definitely the problem.

A simple way to think about Enscape is to imagine it has 2 renderers, one that renders the interactive window and another that produces the finished jpg/png’s.

The 1st one completely rely’s on the graphic card and will ‘scale back’ the visible quality if the card isn’t powerful enough to display, the 2nd one uses your cpu to render and can do the full quality even if it takes a while to process.

This is obviously a gross simplification and somewhat ignores the RTX functionality but it’s good enough to explain why you’re seeing such different results.