Enscape Auto close at 5% when opening

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Enscape won't open - stuck at 5% loading

I even re-download it and remove all the related files about the enscape

Hope you can accommodate my concerns. I badly need for my school activities.

I originally have a macbook pro and convert/download a windows to install all related architect applications

• When i tried opening enscape it just goes to 5% and then it closes as you can see in the attached video. I have the latest version of enscape and i also tried using a lower version of enscape, Already tried updating my laptop's gpu driver, even rolling it back to lower version, i even tried to reinstall enscape and sketchup but it doesnt changed the problem. I have a dealine this friday and it sucks that the problem shows at this moment. Hope you can help me solve this problem. Also attached the specs of my laptop for reference.

• Exactly same issue started with one of my clients laptops yesterday. All drivers updated, all temp files cleared, re-installed Enscape, etc. Feedback sent, but like usual, everyone has a deadline. If you find a solution, could you please also post it here for us to try?

Edit: Oh, and now it started on another PC as well..

• Hello, i think i'm having the same issue. I have Rhino 7 and Enscape version 3.5.5 (latest that works ok for me) but i also tried updating to 3.5.6 and going back to 3.4.4 but the same thing keeps happening. It was working fine until a few days ago. The graphics card driver (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU) is updated.

This is what is going on on the Rhino command line:

Command: EnscapeStartCommand

2024.01.30 11:56:42.755 +01:00 [23] | INFO | Start Enscape...

2024.01.30 11:56:42.755 +01:00 [17] | INFO | Release License...

2024.01.30 11:56:42.755 +01:00 [17] | INFO | Start session...

2024.01.30 11:56:43.518 +01:00 [30] | WARN | Failed to determine available GPU features. Result: GENERIC_ERROR

2024.01.30 11:56:43.612 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | INFO | Starting Enscape

2024.01.30 11:56:45.306 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | WARN | API Error: Enscape_Initialize_From_Plugin: Enscape is not initialized

2024.01.30 11:56:45.306 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | INFO | Enscape started - elapsed: 1693ms

2024.01.30 11:56:45.307 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | ERROR | Catastrophic Enscape startup error

Enscape.RendererApi.EnscapeInitializationException: Error on Enscape Initialize

in Enscape.RendererApi.EnscapeInstance.Start(IStartupParameters startupParameters, Func`1 start)

in Enscape.Gui.Renderer.RendererWindowManager.TryCreate(StartupParameters startupParameters, IntPtr& handle)

ApiResult: ENGINE_NOT_INITIALIZED

2024.01.30 11:56:45.312 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | ERROR | No Activate entry for LoadingWindow

2024.01.30 11:56:45.320 +01:00 [RenderWindowHostThread] | ERROR | Renderer window closed before startup was completed

2024.01.30 11:56:45.321 +01:00 [23] | INFO | Release License...

Same thing is happening on another machine at my firm. Hope you can help us quickly. thx

• Official Post

Hi everyone and thank you for your posts.

We're aware of the issue you're facing, and our developers are actively investigating the exact underlying cause(s) of this behavior.

In addition, for quite a few users experiencing this the solution was to simply disable the Intel on-board graphics in their system (if available alongside your dedicated graphics card from AMD/NVIDIA), as detailed here:

Multi GPU Issues - Enscape

In the off-chance that this may not do the trick, please also make sure to submit us dedicated feedback report with logs so that we can investigate your case further:

Using the Feedback Button - select your design app - Enscape

I fully understand how frustrating it can be to encounter problems like these before a deadline. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution if generally disabling the Intel on-board graphics doesn't make any difference. You will then be further contacted via this thread or via the feedback report you have sent in.

Thank you in advance as well for your cooperation.

• Hi, I manually disabled Intel graphics card as suggested and this allowed Enscape to start up - however it had a lot of blacked out elements and the lighting/rendering was not working properly / as expected, and textures appearing oddly etc.

Hope you can advise further?

• Official Post

Hi, I manually disabled Intel graphics card as suggested and this allowed Enscape to start up - however it had a lot of blacked out elements and the lighting/rendering was not working properly / as expected, and textures appearing oddly etc.

Hope you can advise further?

Please forward this problem to our support team, through a feedback report ideally in case you haven't done so:

After checking out your logs and machine information we should then be able to assist you further with this behavior, as this may also occur due to multiple reasons. (One being outdated graphics card drivers for example)

Of course if you haven't yet, make sure that your machine also meets our system requirements. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Official Post

Unfortunately it was not resolved.

I made settings related to the graphics card, but the problem persists.

I am sad.

If you haven't already, in that case please simply submit us a Feedback report as well:

We will get back to you with a further solution accordingly depending on your system after investigating your log files / machine information. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Hi Demian, thanks for your reply but i would like to ask if your team are planning to release some patch or fix to address this enscape problem since I'm not the only one facing this issue right now. Thank you.

• Hi admin,

While enscape has been working fine for me since I subscribed last december. I was prompted to update my enscape version this morning on the 31st of Jan 2024. After the update I noticed that enscape would not run, a popup window comes up shows the enscape bar running from 2%-5% and it disappears. I have noticed similar threads that have described expriences similar to mine. Can you please help me with this problem? I have a few drawings that need to go out to the client.

Cheers

• Official Post

Hi Demian, thanks for your reply but i would like to ask if your team are planning to release some patch or fix to address this enscape problem since I'm not the only one facing this issue right now. Thank you.

Same

Just to make sure, have you tried disabling the Intel on-board graphics (if available) as proposed to see if that makes a difference? We should of course be able to resolve this with a future update soon, though if you're unsuccessful with using Enscape still after disabling said on-board graphics, then we may have to investigate further in that regard.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Hi Everyone,

The last step in this article worked for me, for now at least:

Multi GPU Issues - Enscape

But I'm curious...

I have now turned off the Intel Graphics card, my laptop now only works on the RTX 4080 graphics card. Will this affect the rest of the laptop or can I expect a performance drop in other programs? If your problem has been resolved, is it wise to switch the Intel card back on?

I have no idea how this works exactly and what the consequences are.

Everyone, good luck!

By the way, when I reinstalled Enscape, I noticed that all the boxes in - general settings - rendering - were suddenly unchecked. I checked this again, so I have a 'normal' image in Ensape again, without strange lighting and such.

Thanks in advance for your reply regarding the Intel Graphics Card. I'd love to hear back.

Regards,

Roxanne

• Official Post

That's a good question, but there is no need to worry as the Intel on-board graphics chip is normally not used anyway when you have a dedicated GPU available, which is definitely the case here of course with your RTX 4080. In the end this means that disabling the on-board graphics should make no difference at all, though in case you may ever remove your graphics card for whatever reason and still need to use your machine without, then make sure to ideally re-enable this functionality prior.

same problem here on my laptop with RTX 4060

already tried disable the onboard display but still crashing.

Please also submit us a feedback report as detailed here, and once we've reviewed your case we will get back to you with a dedicated solution/explanation depending on your logs/machine information. As we're still investigating any further potential issues in this regard your input in form of said report would be appreciated.

• I am wondering if this is related to the latest nvidia drivers, given that this happening to many users at the same time on an enscape version that has been released for quite some time.

We had this happen to one user yesterday and rolled back the nvidia driver and now it seems to work fine.