Eye height

• Thanks for the latest great update. There seems there is something funky with the eye height. As it is I have to lower the height to something like 1.48m to get a reasonable eye height. (My eyes are normally at 1.65-1.75)

• Thanks for the kind words!

Are you referring to the eye height while you're wearing the Oculus Rift?
    In that case try closing Enscape once and restarting it while it's already on your head! The Oculus Rift will be centered to the set height when Enscape gets started. If, at that point, the Oculus Rift is lying, for example, on your table, and you pick it up afterwards, the difference in height from the tabletop to your head is going to be added to your height in Enscape.

I hope this helps!

• OK -perhaps not the most intuitive function in my humble opinion. As you will often not wear it while starting up Enscape -you wont see the screen to click the buttons! I would suggest ignoring the position of the Oculus and default to an eye height of 1.65m. Then people can change it if they want thru the menu. Also I would name it Eye height rather than oberver height (or whatever it is called) as that can be ambigous.

• Hi there.
    Thanks for the great quality of your work.

I have the same problem here in oculus (no height problem on the screen), except that the height feels eye around 75 cm went the Enscape setting is at his maximum (210 cm).
    I would mention that the ocolus software software itself is setup at 1.83 m.
    Also, I read Kaj's post from november the 10th and I started Enscape both sitting and standing with the hestset on my head, and the problem remains the same in both cases.

It's not a problem we had before the last update and we are thinking to uninstall the last version to install the previous one.
    Opinions about that ?

Cheers.

• Hello Bart,

indeed, we currently receive an increased number of reports that describe issues with the height in Oculus Rift. We're currently in the process of analyzing this behavior - I'm afraid it seems there's no real workaround I could recommend to resolve this at the moment.
    It seems as if this didn't occur this much in Enscape 1.7 - if you want to downgrade to this version let me know. I could upload the installer for you in that case.

• Thanks Kaj,

Just to understand better, is that something somehow connected to the extra sensors/Touch ? or is it a general problem with a "standard" Oculus setup in the new versions of enscape ?
    Otherwise thanks for offering the version 1.7, but we had it on our hard drive.
    Now we run it, with less image quality but with right height when we walk.

• Hello Bart,

this behavior should not be connected to extra sensors or controls. However, I just received word from our developers that they managed to identify the problem, and it seems as if they've been able to resolve it. A fix should be contained in the next Alpha release, which could be released within this week.
    If you like I'll inform you once this is the case.