Enscape loading crash at %5

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Welcome to our Forum emrekaan2002 , and thanks for your post.

We've also received your dedicated report which has been submitted to support team so thank you for that. You'll receive a response back rather soon, meanwhile feel free to check if you may have an application installed called "OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack" which can cause issues with Enscape (especially getting stuck at 5% during loading) as detailed here: https://support.enscape3d.com/…ading-past-5-on-my-laptop

If that may already resolve your issue, feel free to let me know as well.

• hello Demian,

The support team spit back that supposed answer to me as well, (uninstall the "OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack"). However I couldn't find it installed and our IT dug into the machine and did not find it installed to remove. After reporting this back to support I've heard nothing for a week in response from support.

I originally used the feedback function which should have provided logs. The support response made it sound like my logs suggested this OpenCL/OpenGL/Vulcan app was indeed installed and the culprit. However after finding word-for-word suggestions here in this forum multiple times it appears to be a copy/paste thing sent to everyone without actually digging further. Which some of our cases appear to need.

Where should we look for a solution to this now? Btw, I'm not on a laptop, but have the same 5% and fail issue many others have had.

• Official Post

Hello JScape , thanks for your post.

Right off the bat I'm sorry to hear that of course - Lately we do reccomend Forum users who get stuck at 5% specifically during Enscape's loading if we don't have any logs yet, especially if this is a problem which seemingly appeared out of nowhere (it's installed automatically on some laptops with the latest windows updates).

In this regard we have your log files and it seems to point to the exact problem, hence why we recommended to uninstall that particular application.

Since you cannot locate this application on your machine I'll reach out to my colleague and support team to ensure you'll receive a response/solution back very soon as well if the app at hand cannot be located. This will likely be via e-mail through the existing report of yours or this thread.

Thank you in advance for a bit more patience and our apologies for the wait so far.

• Official Post

JScape , my colleague is about to send you a further reply.

And also, as the drivers of your 4070 Ti graphics card are currently outdated (driver date: 2023-08-14), and you mentioned in your other post that you cannot use DLSS and our ray-tracing features, please make sure to acquire the latest available drivers for your GPU from the NVIDIA homepage directly here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Feel free to let me know if that makes no difference what so ever.

• Thanks, glad you saw that post too. I just came across that greyed out issue. I'll get my drivers updated and check that again. Though I had just updated my drivers I believe when I first came across the 5% fail issue. Might have been the first thing we tried. Nvidia keeps on trucking with new versions. I'm surprised to see the date you showed for my driver. We really did just update that. Not sure why it's reported such an old date. I'll have to check if it's not unloading the old driver entirely or what.

BTW, the following quote was included in the initial support response suggesting an installed compatibility app was the issue. Basically suggesting they weren't looking further than asking that app maker to correct their app. Which, I'm sure is often an issue in software development that needs to be worked on by both parties. I'm not sure just throwing hands up in the air and saying we give up is great though. But worse for me when the evil app apparently isn't even installed.

We have reported the issue to the app owner, but I'm afraid there is nothing our developers can do at this time to include a fix in Enscape specifically, as the source of the issue lies with the Compatibility Pack App.

• Official Post

Thanks, glad you saw that post too. I just came across that greyed out issue. I'll get my drivers updated and check that again. Though I had just updated my drivers I believe when I first came across the 5% fail issue. Might have been the first thing we tried. Nvidia keeps on trucking with new versions.

BTW, the following quote was included in the initial support response suggesting an installed compatibility app was the issue. Basically suggesting they weren't looking further than asking that app maker to correct their app. Which, I'm sure is often an issue in software development that needs to be worked on by both parties. I'm not sure just throwing hands up in the air and saying we give up is great though. But worse for me when the evil app apparently isn't even installed.

I of course agree that a problem like in this case here resulting in incompatibility between two applications usually involves both parties to work on it, though in this regard this particular app was installed/enabled basically unwantedly with an Windows update, causing not only issues with Enscape but some other applications and system as well. In the end it's not about blame of course, but just to make sure we inform our users if our hands would be tied like in this regard.

Also, if this application isn't installed on your machine we will have to look into this further as so far the log files we received from many other users alongside clearly pointed towards this particular issue. For that kindly stay in touch with my colleague via the existing case as well so we can find the culprit behind this.

Furthermore, please also ensure that the latest drivers for your graphics card weren't acquired through Windows for example, but again as mentioned via NVIDIA's homepage directly. The latest available should be from 2024-3-5, while yours are from date 2023-08-14.

Once more, thank you very much in advance for your cooperation!

• Thanks, and yes I've just created a ticket here on my end to get my driver updated. There is something a little odd we'll have to check into hear regarding this old August driver still showing in the log, and it is showing that old driver in my Geforce Experience app where we usually get our nvidia drivers from. However we have updated this driver twice this year, once specifically when this 5% fail issue was first noticed. So I am assuming we have part of an old driver hung on my system to clear up.

I'll get this driver issue cleared up and then immediately test Enscape, the greyed out settings, and whether the 5% load crash still is occurring and report back to you and the support ticket what I find out.

• Official Post

I see JScape , thanks for the further info!

Just to make sure, in case you upgraded your machine with a new GPU for example, it's highly advised to fully uninstall any previously available NVIDIA drivers from your machine.

No matter what the problem exactly is here and what caused it, I hereby also highly reccomend making use of "Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)" which can be acquired here. This allows you to fully and entirely remove any previous and existing GPU drivers so that you can continue with acquiring and installing the latest available thereafter.

I reckon for permissions alone you will have to refer to your system administrator again, but it's recommended. Make sure to also boot into "Safe mode" prior, as mentioned by DDU.

• Ok, they've gotten through all that rather quickly just now. The March 05th 2024 driver is now installed. The machine is showing the right driver now.

I tested revit/Enscape and the 5% crash is gone, and the once greyed out DLSS/raytraced settings are usable again. Enscape is working right now, smooth as ever.

Thank you for pointing out that old driver and other suggestions to clear it before updating! I just went through my local support tickets to make sure I was correct that we had updated this driver twice before in 2024 and apparently we didn't notice something from an old driver was still hanging and causing all this.

• Official Post

Ok, they've gotten through all that rather quickly just now. The March 05th 2024 driver is now installed. The machine is showing the right driver now.

I tested revit/Enscape and the 5% crash is gone, and the once greyed out DLSS/raytraced settings are usable again. Enscape is working right now, smooth as ever.

Thank you for pointing out that old driver and other suggestions to clear it before updating! I just went through my local support tickets to make sure I was correct that we had updated this driver twice before in 2024 and apparently we didn't notice something from an old driver was still hanging and causing all this.

That's fantastic to hear! Thanks for the update. :)

And let me know whenever you have any further inquiries what so ever.