Previous Release / Preview macOS Threads Merged

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 1!

NEW:

Site Context

Users can now import the context in which a building is to be placed and visualize the impact it will have on its surroundings and vice-versa.

Rhino 8 Support

Enscape now supports Rhino 8.3 or later.

Vectorworks – Adjustable Geometry Export

Users can now select the quality of geometry export in the Enscape toolbar.

Renderer Asset Library (WIP)

Users can now access the Enscape Asset Library via the Enscape Viewport User Interface (UI) toolbar. They can place assets directly into the Enscape viewport and import them into their CAD project once they are satisfied with their rendering. Note that the Renderer Asset Library is work in progress – it has some known issues (see below) and we will add more features (e.g., Multi-Asset Placement) in subsequent preview releases.

UPDATE:

Support Window

The existing Feedback window has become the Support window.

BUGFIXES:

Arrow keys work again in walk mode on Chrome (Web Standalone)

Video Editor – Set fixed timestamp for final keyframe

Material Transparency/Mask Texture Handling

If the Transparency/Mask texture has an alpha channel, it is always used and a warning is shown in case it is all white.

Changing the active document is no more impacting on-going video or panorama rendering

KNOWN ISSUES:

Renderer Asset Library – Incorrect position when placing assets into the Enscape viewport

Renderer Asset Library – Bottom panel options appear as disabled after an asset is placed into the Enscape viewport

Work-around: Clicking into the Enscape viewport enables the placement options and makes them usable.

Bump amount of native materials is not properly synchronized with the Enscape Material Editor

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to our support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, kindly submit a feedback report with log files if possible.

• Is there a 4.0 Windows preview coming soon? Hopefully with Rhino 8 support?

This may by the first example I have seen in decades where the Mac version comes out first.

Now you 've got me dreaming of Mac/Enscape/Rhino with the Apple Vision Pro....

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 2!

UPDATE:

Introduced “Ongoing Asset Placement” Dialog

Users can now see the document in which assets can be placed while placing them from the Asset Library.

BUGFIXES:

Occasional GPU Crash Fixed

Fixed a GPU crash that happened occasionally, especially when closing and reopening the Enscape window.

Web Standalone: Teleport on Minimap Fixed

Clicking on the minimap could result in teleporting to the wrong coordinates or not at all.

Rough Metal Appearing Black

Rough metal behind a glass surface could appear black (with hardware ray-tracing enabled).

Materials Import Breaks Existing Materials

Some parameters coming from imported materials were applied to the selected material in the Material Editor.

Fixed Failing Installation for Some CADs

We fixed a problem where some CADs couldn’t be selected in the installation dialog although they were installed, or the installation failed for some CADs.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Renderer Asset Library – Incorrect position when placing assets into the Enscape viewport

Renderer Asset Library – Bottom panel options show default values (zeroes or 100%), which are used if changed

Workaround: Change the asset using gizmos first, then the correct values are used.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to our support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, kindly submit a feedback report with log files if possible.

To see what has been added with Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 1 check out our prior announcement here.

• salve, ho letto che è stata realizzata la nuova versione di "Enscape 4.0" ma non riesco a trovarla da nessuna parte. E' possibile avere il link? Mille grazie .

Code
    salve, ho letto che è stata realizzata la nuova versione di "Enscape 4.0" ma non riesco a trovarla da nessuna parte. E' possibile avere il link? Mille grazie.

• Official Post

salve, ho letto che è stata realizzata la nuova versione di "Enscape 4.0" ma non riesco a trovarla da nessuna parte. E' possibile avere il link? Mille grazie .

Code
    salve, ho letto che è stata realizzata la nuova versione di "Enscape 4.0" ma non riesco a trovarla da nessuna parte. E' possibile avere il link? Mille grazie.

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ideally translate your posts in this Forum to English (from Italian) before posting so that everyone can read what you are saying right away. :)

In this case you can always acquire our latest Enscape for Mac and Windows Preview version of Enscape here: https://enscape3d.com/preview/

• Thank you for version BETA 4.0, no matter how unstable.

Version 3.5.6.76 is also very unstable.

When I manipulate the lights the screen flashes and it takes a long time to see the results: it is no longer in real time.

It also happens that the application closes.

Not inviting to purchase!

I'll let you know, thank you very much.

• Official Post

If you generally experience issues with Enscape like detailed, please simply make sure to also submit a feedback report with log files as we otherwise have no information regarding your machine, driver dates and so forth in order to troubleshoot this further: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…back-button-mac-sketchup/

After we've also had a chance to look into your log files (attached by default) we'll then get back to you accordingly very soon thereafter.

Thanks a lot in advance!

• I installed version 4.0 and finally see very fast "real time".

Even in Ultra mode everything seems to work fine.

The monitor no longer flashes and every action is absorbed well without the computer freezing or shutting down.

Thank you for the work you are doing, congratulations.

Note:

1) the self-illuminating material option has weak light, to see it it must be used at its maximum power.

2) After half an hour of work the cooling fans start.

3) A CPU memory almost full message appeared.

Info: MacBook Pro M1 max - 10 core CPU, 32 core GPU - 16 core Neural Engine - 32 GB unified memory.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 3!

NEW:

Custom Asset Library

Users can now build their own Custom Asset Library using the Custom Asset Editor application. The created assets can be imported via the added Custom Asset tab in the Enscape Asset Libraries.

Multi Asset Placement Tool

Use the Multi Asset Placement tool to speed up the asset placement process on large surfaces.

BIM Information Panel

Archicad users can review and browse BIM data specified in their project.

BUGFIXES:

The Position of Assets When Placing or the Possibility to Edit Them Was Broken

The issue was the result of the mouse cursor clicks being registered in the wrong position.

Fixed a Crash That Occurred When Adding a Site Context After Previously Removing One

Fixed an Issue Where Some Textures Could Appear Blue When Viewed From a Larger Distance

Fixed Artifacts in Panorama Rendering

Unwanted geometry edges could appear in panorama rendering.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Custom Asset Editor Inside of Enscape Not Opening When Not Configured

Workaround: Open the installed Custom Asset Editor application and configure it.

Custom Asset Editor Can Only Import .gltf Files

To see what has been added with Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 2 check out our prior announcement here.

• Official Post

Hi Demian, did you made any recordings on the Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview (x)? Since I didn't attend (registered my forum-account today)?

There are no recordings in terms of any preview introduction videos or so if that is what you're referring to, but you can also always acquire our latest Enscape for Mac preview here. In case anything is still unclear in this regard please let me know as well.

• Hi Damian, fyi.

Unfortunately med trial period ended just after I hade made the installation of the preview version.

However I manage to see some of the new menu items, but no test.

I discussed the need of the 'Custom assets' and more with Enscape support during my trial version, and yesterday I received the link and then you gave me the link

(I didn't manage to test this in time).

I will probably ask to get another week of trial.

Cheers

• Official Post

I need to use 'Force quit' on 'Custom asset' , when I tried to look at the preview version to send you med post...

(might be to the ended trial version)

Please check out the following excerpt from the announcement post above under "Known Issues" which should hopefully do the trick:

"Custom Asset Editor Inside of Enscape Not Opening When Not Configured

Workaround: Open the installed Custom Asset Editor application and configure it."

If you still experience this or any further issues despite, make sure to please forward them directly via our feedback button (including log files) as detailed here:

Using the Feedback Button - select your design app - Enscape

Afterward our dedicated support team will reach out to you accordingly soon thereafter.

• Hi Demian,

I can now test the preview version a bit more for some additional days.

Since I now have been able to do the configuration (no freeze) :)

I will continue testing and I can't promise that I don't return to you upon any further questions :)

Have a great weekend!

Regards -Lasse