Enscape 4.0 Released

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We're glad to announce that Enscape 4.0 has now been released!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This new version signifies the foundation for the future. It unveils an overhauled codebase with improved infrastructure and technical foundation to increase stability and performance. It strengthens the interoperability between products within the Chaos ecosystem and enables us to develop both Enscape for Windows and macOS in unison.

Check out the thread below for further information as well as our comprehensive blog article here!

NEW:

Vegetation and people assets

We added 32 people assets as well as 178 vegetation assets with focus on Mexico and desert plants.

Meta Quest 3 and HTC Vive Pro 2 support

Ray-Traced Artificial Lights (Beta)

This new feature can be enabled in the Renderer settings if your graphics card supports hardware ray-tracing. Ray-traced artificial lights offer a range of quality improvements over the previous shadow mapping based technique:

• Higher quality shadows: No aliasing of shadow borders, precise and sharp shadows for small point light sources and physically correct soft shadows for area lights.
    • No more unrealistic illumination cut offs due to limited light radius range.
    • Scalable to a large number of light sources with consistent performance.

Before:

After:

Intel Arc GPU Support

Intel’s dedicated Arc GPU line-up is now supported, including their hardware ray-tracing capabilities.

Rhino 8 Support

Enscape now supports Rhino 8 SR3 or later.

Vectorworks – Adjustable Geometry Export

Users can now select the quality of geometry export in the Enscape toolbar.

UPDATE:

Removed Fixed Limits of Ray-Traced Geometry for Captures

Enscape used to enforce a fixed geometry limit for ray-traced reflections and global illumination. Several optimizations of our ray-tracing data structures allow us now to manage much more geometry than before and replace this fixed limit with a flexible upper bound based on the available memory on your graphics card (VRAM). Given enough VRAM the entire scene can now be considered for reflections and global illumination when you do a capture (image, video or panorama) and have hardware ray-tracing enabled.

Animated Vegetation Will Now Use Less VRAM if Wind Is Turned Off

If you have out of memory errors with ray-traced sun shadows in scenes with animated vegetation assets you can try to turn off wind completely, as this will now use less VRAM.

Improved Denoising in VR

The NVIDIA Real-Time Denoiser is now also integrated into our VR rendering pipeline, reducing noise on Quality Levels “High” and “Ultra”.

New UI Theme & Icons

Click on example image to get an overview of our updated Ui theme and icons:

New Enscape Installer

The latest Windows installer for Enscape 4.0 does not require administrator rights and installs the product only for the current Windows account by default. Run the installer as Administrator and use the Advanced installer options if you need to install and register the product for all Windows accounts on the system. Please note and follow the on-screen instructions.

Enscape Windows Run in a Separate Process

Enscape 4.0 contains a lot of under-the-hood changes to have a common code base for Windows and macOS. One of these changes is that all Enscape Windows now run in a separate process. This improves stability and also reduces the risk of incompatibilities with other CAD plugins.

Support Window

The existing Feedback window has become the Support window.

Introduced “Ongoing Asset Placement” Dialog

Users can now see the document in which assets can be placed while placing them from the Asset Library.

Texture Editor UI Updates

Albedo texture transformation is always explicit, while all other texture slots could use, either explicit texture transformation, or the values assigned to the Albedo texture transformation.

Dropped Support for TIFF/TGA File Formats

The support for TIFF/TGA files formats is dropped due to technical limitations.

Show Busy API Notification for All CADs

A toast notification will be shown whenever the communication between the Enscape plugin and the CAD application is blocked or delayed due to a running CAD operation.

BUGFIXES:

Severe Visual Artifacts in VR When DLSS Is Enabled

Alpha Layer Mask Not Exported Correctly for Orthographic Perspective

Rough Metal Appearing Black

Rough metal behind a glass surface could appear black (with hardware ray-tracing enabled).

Web Standalone – Fixed Teleport on Minimap

Clicking on the minimap could result in teleporting to the wrong coordinates or not at all.

Fixed Crash When Running Out of Memory When Ray-Traced Sun Shadows Is Active

This crash could occur when additional memory is required for ray-traced sun shadows and the scene was concurrently being changed.

Video Editor – Set Fixed Timestamp for Final Keyframe

KNOWN ISSUES:

Revit Worksharing – Collaborative Annotations Cannot Be Used in Parallel

Users working in sharing mode with Revit cannot add or edit Collaborative Annotation issues in parallel. Once the first user syncs their changes to the central project, the second one may start working with them.

Rhino 8 – Enscape Freezes when Switching Views

Fixed in Rhino 8 SR5.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, ideally submit a feedback report with log files directly if possible.

• Code
    Erro ao iniciar o Enscape
    O Enscape fechou inesperadamente. Reinicie o SketchUp. Lamentamos o inconveniente. Adoraríamos corrigir o problema que você encontrou. Você poderia nos enviar o relatório de erro? Seu feedback inclui arquivos de log do Enscape. Isso nos ajuda a resolver o problema mais rapidamente!
    • Official Post

I tried to install V4.0. It asked to uninstall the previous version (which was not the case when installing previous versions). After completing the installation the plugin does not show up.

Windows 11

Revit 2024

Sketchup 2023

In this case please try a full clean uninstall of Enscape once more to make very sure that any previous installation of Enscape (including 4.0) is removed entirely:

- Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.

- Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button

- Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape

Then, reboot your machine, and re-install our latest release once more, this time for "all users" as seen here.

If that doesn't do the trick please let me know.

Code
    Erro ao iniciar o Enscape
    O Enscape fechou inesperadamente. Reinicie o SketchUp. Lamentamos o inconveniente. Adoraríamos corrigir o problema que você encontrou. Você poderia nos enviar o relatório de erro? Seu feedback inclui arquivos de log do Enscape. Isso nos ajuda a resolver o problema mais rapidamente!

As the error message details, please simply submit a feedback report including log files and we will be able to troubleshoot this further after receiving said log files, machine information and so forth.

• Official Post
    Code
    Não funcionou, já dá o erro quando tento abrir o Enscape, não deixa nem gerar arquivo de log

In that case please forward your log files manually using our Help Center as detailed here.

The log files we require can be found here:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchUpPlugin

You can simply put them into a .zip file and submit them along with a brief description of your issue. Our support team will then analyse said logs to assist you further. Thank you in advance.

• Official Post
    Code
    Não há arquivos dentro das pastas

I see, thank you for the quick reply.

Just in case you haven't yet please at this point try to also do a full uninstall of Enscape 3.x.x and 4.0 entirely as detailed prior:

- Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape

Then, reboot your machine, and re-install our latest release once more, this time for "all users" as seen here.

Though if again that makes no difference, please submit this as an problem via our Help Center even without any log files. Thank you again in advance.

• There should be a way to do this without needing to be a programmer

• Official Post

Is there a way to do this without needing to be a programmer?

Usually it suffices entirely to do the following itself:

Also once more further detailed here:

https://support.microsoft.com/…then%20select%20Uninstall.

In case it's not possible to simply uninstall some application from your machine please kindly refer to your system administrator or similar if available. Especially in case you may not have full (administrator) permission when it comes to removing/installing any software, which was the case with another user here prior today.

Let me know in case you get stuck somewhere along the process, and where exactly.

• Let me know in case you get stuck somewhere along the process, and where exactly.

I've installed it from the .exe file and then nothing happens the way the documentation says it should, including an "Enscape" folder anywhere on my PC. Yes, I am showing hidden files in explorer.

Adding: yes, I've rebooted twice

I guess I'm back to scrounging for assets and textures in 3D Warehouse. I can't believe Enscape walked away from us on the day of a new release. Returning to Thea is looking like the better option.

• Besides the growing pains of getting it installed properly, what is the feedback of 4.0?

Is it a much better far improved release? better in a minor way? only cosmetic? Less?

I saw the notes indicate a more seamless product for all version from PC to mac.

Does this mean the standalones can also work back and forth?

(I'm probably stretching on that wish!!!)

What are your reviews of the new product?

• I'll let you know after I get it installed. They've stopped responding to our pleas for help.

• Official Post

I've installed it from the .exe file and then nothing happens the way the documentation says it should, including an "Enscape" folder anywhere on my PC. Yes, I am showing hidden files in explorer.

Adding: yes, I've rebooted twice

I guess I'm back to scrounging for assets and textures in 3D Warehouse. I can't believe Enscape walked away from us on the day of a new release. Returning to Thea is looking like the better option.

So after uninstalling Enscape 3.x.x from your machine and installing 4.0 thereafter, are you unable to find any created Enscape directory here:

Is that correct? If so, does it make a difference if you try to install Enscape for "all users" on your machine as detailed here:

First Steps - Enscape

Does Enscape then appear as it should in SketchUp? Thank you in advance.