Enscape 4.0 Released

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

I have the same problem as a Diogo Freitas, I have already tried to uninstall all the steps indicated and installed all the necessary programs, but the error remains.

Please kindly try to re-download and then re-install our latest release again, as we've just put out a hotfix which should resolve this issue for anyone who installs Enscape in Portuguese or Italian.

• Official Post

I can't leave live sync turned on while I'm working in SU or ENS crashes. If I try to open ENS again, it gives me an error message. I have to save my SU file, close it, open it again, then ENS can be opened again.

Whenever you generally experience any crashes or technical issues with Enscape please submit a feedback report as detailed here right away. This way our support team can check out the provided logs, crash dumps, machine information and driver dates to see what's going wrong here. Thank you in advance.

• Whenever you generally experience any crashes or technical issues with Enscape please submit a feedback report as detailed here right away. This way our support team can check out the provided logs, crash dumps, machine information and driver dates to see what's going wrong here. Thank you in advance.

that's what I've done, but I've found that solutions are much quicker via the forum than via Tickets. By the way, I still haven't received a reply from support, even though you gave the solution via the forum ;)

• Official Post

that's what I've done, but I've found that solutions are much quicker via the forum than via Tickets. By the way, I still haven't received a reply from support, even though you gave the solution via the forum ;)

I understand that, but please keep in mind that we're not always active in the Forum around the clock, though someone may have a chance to look at your submitted support case while I am outside of my work hours for example. Just adding this since even if getting a response here may at times be quicker, that isn't always the case so please make sure you reach out to support alongside in case of any problems. :) Thank you kindly!

• I trying to place a lot of assets from the accessories category to decorate a room(s). I don't have Enscape running, all I'm doing is popping in the ones I think will work and then I'll view them in Ens to see which I want to keep and place.

SU2022 is crashing out repeatedly once I've placed several asset proxy's down, it's never the same asset, never the same number of assets placed.

It seems to be if I try to place the asset/hit escape to get the next asset too fast, but prior to 4.0 I've never experienced this before.

No crash report as Enscape isn't running.

6 times it's crashed out in the past 1/2 hour ..... I'm ready to kill dead things :(

Edit:

Right, I'm convinced that it's a speed thing, if I select the asset >> pause >> place it >> pause >> hit escape it's fine but if I get into a rhythm and don't pause its crash city

• Official Post

That's unfortunate to hear to say the least - You don't need to have Enscape running to properly submit a crash report though, at this point you can just use the now titled "Support" button as detailed here. We'd really appreciate it so that we can check out your log files as well.

• Official Post

Hi Paul! Quick question: are these Assets Enscape assets or are they Linked Sketchup models/external proxies, as shown here? I ask because we're experiencing severe performance problems with this function in 4.0. If they're Enscape assets, then it's something completely different, but I just wanted to check!

• Hayley Smith

Normal Enscape assets from the accessories category.

• What I was doing was placing all the potential assets that ‘I’ think could be used in a particular model (vases, bowels, books etc) so my boss could quickly see and reject the ones he didn’t want.
    • I have the asset lib downloaded locally and I’d reset it with the installation of 4.0.
    • I’d already rendered 20 panos in 4.0 today from another project with no problems so Enscape 4.0 was working fine.

Process:

• SU 2022, Enscape NOT running, asset lib open.
    • Click on asset in lib
    • Click on required location in SU
    • Hit ESC on keyboard
    • Repeat.

If I hit ESC too quick after placing an asset SU crashed.

Reinstalling 3.5.6 enabled me to place 40ish assets from the lib in to the same model with no problems and run Enscape to view them for selection/deletion.

The model does have linked SU models (sofas, beds etc) in it but I wasn’t manipulating them at all

I can DM the model if it helps.

• Hi, I'd like to chime in with a couple of impressions:

I'm using Enscape for Sketchup. I went from 3.5.6+204048 to 4.0.0.579 as of about an hour ago. I'm running bare minimum specs: intel xeon processor and an Nvidia RTX 2080ti video card

So far I have opened existing projects and averything is as I left it with the previous version. My impression is that loading times are faster, at least on my machine.

Adding a light in the model, while running Enscape still results in a crash.

• Me too.
    An annoying problem

• Official Post

Hi armap I'm happy to hear you're experiencing better loading times with 4.0! That's been my experience so far as well! :)

Unfortunately, crashes while placing lights is a bug our developers are aware of and have pinpointed as the result of Sketchup's API overwriting the geometry of our lighting options. Unfortunately, because this is Sketchup's native code, there isn't anything our developers can do on our side. We have alerted Trimble of this and are still awaiting feedback.

In the meantime, I recommend that if you encounter a Sketchup Bug Splat after this occurs, go ahead and submit it to Trimble with what you've described along with that you've reached out to us about this.

As a potential workaround, please only place lights in nested groups or components and not directly in the Sketchup viewport. If the light object is placed inside an existing object, it is more likely to avoid conflicts.

Thank you!

• Hi!

I would like to share my impressions of the new version 4.0.

Among the good things:

- very nice light from artificial sources. I really like it!

- sliders move smoothly

Mistakes I found:

- Does not play the video clip in the Enscape viewport. I can watch the final video only after saving, it's not convenient.

- Artificial light does not pass through the texture "Foliage" with "Ray-Traced Artificial Light" enabled. In my projects many lights are set up with "Foliage" texture. Now I am experiencing a big problem as I can't achieve the same effect by other means.

Thank you!