Enscape 4 with Rhino 7

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I'm sorry to hear about that W1MUC , as a first step could you please try a full clean uninstall of Enscape once more to make very sure that any previous installation of Enscape (including 4.0) is removed entirely:

- Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.

- Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button

- Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape

Then, reboot your machine, and re-install our latest release once more, this time for "all users" as seen here.

Last but not least, please also ensure that our toolbars are enabled in Rhino in the first place as detailed here. Said toolbars are usually available and docked from the get go, but sometimes it's necessary to manually activate them.

Let me know if trying the above makes no difference what so ever. Thank you in advance.

• Ok thanks, now it works. What I did:

- rebooting the computer several times AFTER the full deinstalltion

- rebooting the computer several times AFTER installing 4.0

AND

it was only possible to show the enscape buttons in a new blank rhino file and not in an existing one.

After showing the buttons in the clean rhino file, they also were visible in the "old" file we´re currently working on.

So beginning to test now :)

• Official Post

See attachment. "Unable to load Enscape.Rhino7.Plugin.dll plug-in_ initialization failed

Welcome to our Forum skarn , can you please also try what I've shared just below your post which I've merged into this thread (trying a full clean re-install)? Beforehand please also make sure that your Rhino 7 is fully up to date in case of any pending updates.

Thank you in advance as well for your efforts.

• - Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.

Enscape failed to uninstall completely, but it dissapeared in the Add/Remove programs in windows.

After that i did the following as suggested:

"delete the following directories:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape"

Enscape is still not properly uninstalled as i get this message when installing version 4: see attachment

Is there another way to completely remove enscape?

• Official Post

In this case it looks like Enscape has not been properly uninstalled / removed due to lack of permission. Is there perhaps any system administrator you could refer to with admin rights who could assist you here?

Usually it's also possible to run our previous installer of Enscape 3.x.x as administrator to then uninstall Enscape which should remove everything entirely. Alternatively deleting the directories, with the necessary permission, should do the trick as well.

• Dear all,

it just needed some minutes to say: 4.0 is unfortunately still rubbish!

I´m really sorry to say that, BUT:

-loading a scene takes much more time that with 3.4.4

-batch rendering took some minutes to render the first image; 3.4.4 would had at least 5 images in the same time

-it takes almost all recources of the computer when rendering. During a batch in 3.4.4 you could keep on working, now even loading a website takes forever

We were really keen about the new version, also because we still can not work with Rhino 8 because of missing compatibility.

But this version doesn´t allow any workflow unfortunately.

• Official Post

W1MUC , could you perhaps let me know a bit more about the size of your scene, in terms of complexity and megabytes as a whole? Or does really any scene take a lot longer to load even a small one? In case this may affect a specific model, is there any chance you could share it with us?

Judging by one of your latest reports it also seems that your graphics card drivers are currently outdated. It cannot hurt to make sure to acquire the latest available from NVIDIA's homepage directly to see if that makes any difference. On top of that if Rhino 7 itself has any open available updates to install, please do so as well.

If it makes no difference, kindly let me know and thank you for answering my questions. I'll meanwhile converse with our developers as well to troubleshoot this further.

• When I do a render with Enscape 4 on Rhino 7 it starts for 2-3 seconds and then freezes without finishing the render process. Also the loading bar disappears. Only happenon larger scenes. I reinstalled new NVIDIA driver and everything, didnt´t help. Also I tested with raytraced enabled and disabled, didn´t change anything.

• Official Post

Hi archotbi , thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about that.

Right away, if there are any open available updates for Rhino 7 which haven't been installed yet please do so. Otherwise if that makes no difference, did you start to experience this only with version 4.0 or have you not used Enscape 3.x.x prior?

On top of that can you please submit a feedback report as detailed here? This way we have all your machine information, driver dates and log files for further troubleshooting. Please also let me know once submitted so that I can check it out right away.

Thanks a lot in advance once more.

• W1MUC , could you perhaps let me know a bit more about the size of your scene, in terms of complexity and megabytes as a whole? Or does really any scene take a lot longer to load even a small one? In case this may affect a specific model, is there any chance you could share it with us?

Judging by one of your latest reports it also seems that your graphics card drivers are currently outdated. It cannot hurt to make sure to acquire the latest available from NVIDIA's homepage directly to see if that makes any difference. On top of that if Rhino 7 itself has any open available updates to install, please do so as well.

If it makes no difference, kindly let me know and thank you for answering my questions. I'll meanwhile converse with our developers as well to troubleshoot this further.

Dear Damian,

the file size and the complexity doesn´t matter? Anyhow it is about 850MB, almost just rhino gemometry (nurbs) and a lot of enscpae blocks. The same file has been working since a couple of month with 3.4.4 without any problem and a complete fluent workflow.

Since 4.0 the same file is, as I said, super slow, batch takes forever and the whole computer is blocked while enscpae is renderings.

Meanwhile I did the last rhino update without any effect.

And currently I´m testing another file, and the same problem, that the batch takes much much more time to render. Much more!

Approxemately 1 minute instead of 5-10 seconds before.

Belive me, everybody of us would prefer a stable new version, and finally upgrade to rhino 8 especially, but from my users point of view, 4.0 is still compelte rubbish. Sorry

• Finally we went back to 3.4.4. Again..... Here the same batch with the same file tooks 2 minutes.....

I dont think, we will wait more long for a decent, working version of enscape anymore!

What a pitty!

• Hi Damian, I figured out that there was a specific mesh in my scene (a little fosset) that made enscape crash when taking screenshots. It worked with 3.xx but not with 4.xx. Anyways, thanks for your help. Other than that I´m very pleased with the raytraced articifial lights :)

• Official Post

archotbi if you're able to share that mesh (in private) with us, that'd be very helpful in tracking down the cause. Just contact Demian Gutberlet here via PM and he'll arrange that.

• We are still experiencing this issue.

I have reinstalled Enscape 4 and reinstalled the software. As soon as Rhino 7 opens, the message appears from above:

Is there a fix for this issue?

• New
    • Official Post

We are still experiencing this issue.

I have reinstalled Enscape 4 and reinstalled the software. As soon as Rhino 7 opens, the message appears from above:

Is there a fix for this issue?

Welcome to our Forum alexmta .

Just so you are aware whenever you experience any technical problems please ideally reach out to our dedicated support team using either the support button or by contacting us via the Help Center as detailed here.

In this specific case, even though you mentioned you re-installed Enscape already, please also try a full clean re-install once more as detailed below:

- Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.

- Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape

Navigate to where your installer is stored, right-click the icon, and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Then reinstall the latest version of Enscape for all users as described here.

Following that, please finally also follow the steps detailed here to enable Rhino.

In case that does not do the trick, kindly reach out to said support team via our Help Center forwarding the necessary log files to troubleshoot this manually:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

Rhino plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRhinoPlugin

You can simply package both folders into a .zip file to attach with your report via said Help Center. It is sufficient to just include a link to this thread for reference in the Help Center submission form itself as well.

Thanks a lot in advance.