Again - Synchronize Render and SkUp View

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi and sorry All - I know this has been a topic so many times but:

I still can't find a way to do this. probably only a stupid mistake of mine - but which one?

The situation shown shows a SkUp model view in the fixed scene view. This view should be rendered in exactly this camera in any resolution (i.E. 4096 x 4096) - The Synchronice Views mode of Enscape is active too.

If I do this rendering with Shaderlight Render, everything works as expected - the same with Twilight Render etc etc. - but please - how does this work in Enscape????? is there a How-To video on YouTube ?? I would also appreciate meaningful screenshots ....

any help for Dummys like me ;) is very welcome and urgently needed :!::!:

I want to add here, that it would be great if the Enscape Render Preview window would also give a visible feedback which makes visible the desired rendering resolution setting - perhaps by darkening the remaining area ...

• Official Post

EGIE , thanks a lot for your post. :)

First things first I have to ask, are you using a "Two-Point Perspective" view SketchUp side, alongside "Synchronized Views"?

In that case, panning and zooming is not supported SketchUp -> Enscape, so what I would advice is that you zoom in a bit closer to the model via Enscape itself, this way you'll have less white space around the model in the renderings. Alternatively, you can just adjust the Enscape window to be squared (1:1 aspect ratio, like the finished renderings), and you'll more easily be able to consult how the rendering will turn out. :)

I want to add here, that it would be great if the Enscape Render Preview window would also give a visible feedback which makes visible the desired rendering resolution setting - perhaps by darkening the remaining area ...

Thanks for the feedback, I'll happily add this to our agenda! ;)

• ... I had an error anyway - I had enabled "Architectural 2-point perspective" within Enscape, which would not be correct as well I think ;):?: Anyway - I still dont find any way to get the Views sychroniced ...
    (I´ll add a detailed sketch below to show the difference)

• Official Post

EGIE , thank you for your further posts.

I advice you try the following:

Go into the Enscape Settings -> Capture tab -> Activate "Use viewport aspect ratio" and input 4069 in the available first custom field, then, adjust the SketchUp's horizontal viewport size until you have your custom resolution of 4069x4069:

Now you can simply adjust the view via SketchUp accordingly (if required, while synchronize view is activated) and your renderings should now directly reflect the output of SketchUp's viewport. :)

• ...then, adjust the SketchUp's horizontal viewport size until you have your custom resolution of 4069x4069

Thanks!

... hmm - I don´t get it ? how should this procedure be possible within SketchUp? Your instruction is unclear to me.
    A principle of all other renderers known to me is that height is always the decisive starting point while the width remains variable then...
    Or better: Please, could you run your screencapturer, post this procedure on YT to make clear what and how to do this :)

Please also consider, that SkUp´s resolution (in both axes!) is limited to 9999px ! This limitation alone makes your proposed procedure impossible - at least above a certain resolution. So it is not a suitable way to go ...

• Official Post

EGIE , pardon if my instruction was not entirely clear. Please hover your mouse over the following area:

Click and drag it to the left, while you have the Enscape Settings Capture tab open, and the width in the Enscape Settings window will change accordingly. Do this until you reach the resolution of 4069x4069. In this case, the height is defined manually while the width is defined by the SketchUp viewport if "Use viewport aspect ratio" is activated. If you wish, I can also file a further feature request if you do not like this approach, just kindly let me know what I shall include.

• ...do this until you reach the resolution of 4069x4069. In this case, the height is defined manually while the width is defined by the SketchUp viewport if "Use viewport aspect ratio" is activated. If you wish, I can also file a further feature request if you do not like this approach, just kindly let me know what I shall include.

Thank you for this suggestion, which however is completely impractical as it would take an absurd eternity of adjustment.

So yes, please integrate a SkUp-Viewport Synchronization system (as foolproof as possible!), which is included in most other render tools as well. This is extremely important because also using SkUp´s native export capabilities is indispensable and can´t get compensated by your - however cool :thumbup:- Outlines system.

• Official Post

EGIE , it really shouldn't take long at all to adjust the width of the SketchUp window until you have the same pixel count which you have defined for the height. Are you running into any problems when adjusting the window until both are equal?

Afterward, Enscape should render the images corresponding to SketchUp's viewport. Keep in mind that the height pixel count only has to be adjusted once, since it's fixed.

If this is too much of a hassle for you, please let me know and I'll file a feature request as stated above. :)

• ... it really shouldn't take long at all to adjust the width of the SketchUp window until you have the same pixel count which you have defined for the height. Are you running into any problems when adjusting the window until both are equal?...

Hi & Thanks :)

... I got you right? I should move the left edge of the tray window to the left until i reach my desired number of pixels - this is completely impossible to do, a hit on a desired number of pixels would be pure coincidence. With every careful twitching here the pxels jump in uncontrollable steps - any fine tuning for me here is totally impossible! So ""Are you running into any problems when adjusting the window?"" - Yes ! it doesn´t work.
    And btw, there is only one Prio #1 Demand - Enscape´s Render-Window Matching of SkUp´s Fixed Height Ratio System! (please see pic below)

Nevertheless and once again thank you and the world does not end now ;), especially since you wrote that you are working on a reasonable implementation of this feature, which I can hardly expect ...

Best, Egie

• Official Post

EGIE , thanks for your further post. That is indeed a bit strange, since I'm able to widen or shorten the window in a few seconds until I have my desired width pixel count. This may very well boil down to the mouse sensitivity.

But, as mentioned, I'll file a dedicated feature request accordingly. :) Thank you for all the feedback and cooperation.

• Any Random View
    Hi All - I´m somewhat in trouble right now - I have to reproduce various rendering tasks I did in the office 2 weeks ago - there I work with several large monitors, my notebook stays closed and acts from a docking station there.

Now I'm on the road, no longer in the office this year and can only work with the notebook itself. Whatever I do now, I don't manage to reproduce exactly the camera (not somehow similar but exact) - of course the scene is fixed within SkUp which is enough for a safe spot landing in any other renderer. In Enscape this banal exercise seems to be really impossible - I can't present another design variant with any new views side by side with the previous ones - this new one must be identical to the previous ones!!!!

This is a real catastrophe and such a bad issue, which has to be solved - immediately and with absolute priority. Is this malfunction placed accordingly in your development agenda? maybe there is already a time axis for a solution announcement?

I burn hours with this so wrong and so frustrating view concept and sorry, the blue button should no longer be named "Synchronize Views" but rather "Any Random View".

• Official Post

Hey EGIE , thank you for your further message.

Let me know in case I'm missing something, but you should be able to achieve renderings with the same perspective/output as long as you input the corresponding resolution from the original rendering(s) in the Capture tab of Enscape. I would also advice to select your views directly via Enscape itself, so, "Manage Views" -> Click on the view you like -> Create a rendering. Still, make sure that resolution is the same! :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Sorry, I´m still claiming: No, Enscape can't do that! Attached I show the working setup (pic 1) of my notebook.

Since I have no idea how the scene management of Enscape works or what it can do, I rely on SkUps scenes and these SkUps scenes are in "ViewSynch" mode the law and nothing else so to speak!!!!! Ok, I activate View Snch within Enscape, fix the desired resolution (here 4k) and render. As you can see, the render result has nothing in common with the reference pic original, which was created in the office.

If I change the window sizes now again - for example because working on an other computer - and repeat the same steps as example 1 below, I get another new result again (pic2). I don't know how to make this clear - Enscape reacts wrongly and dynamically to window sizes instead of keeping SketchUps scene cameras !
    In other words: I can only repeat the desired render result when I am working under "lab conditions" on my office computer, and hopefully nobody has changed anything on the program layouts !!!

If I'm just too stupid to grasp what's possible in your opinion, I ask you to finally make a clear understandable video tutorial which opens my eyes ;)

• ... I thougt it might be good to start with an own video about Enscape`s wrong dynymic "Camera Jumping" myself ;)

Please keep in mind that "View Synchronization" is enabled, which means that SketchUp´s camera has to be the master of all things.

To illustrate how wrong Enscape reacts, I run a Shaderlight Render window in parallel side by side with Enscape.

For Shaderlight Render there exists only the "View Synchronization" mode and so it mirrors the SketchUp Camera 1 to 1 in perfection!

And please also keep in mind that SkUps camera remains statically fixed, no matter how you scale the viewport and it´s height ratio will never change - for this reason the linked ShaderLight render window will not change, wiggle, jump or otherwise make any nonsense.

And please keep also in mind that SketchUps (or othe CAD´s) native graphic output is indispensable for our architectural production line and drafts - and this often in conjunction with the exact matching rendering which must be implementable without any fumbling! The rendered image alone for itself is in its meaning a subordinate bonus only and gains importance only if it is usable in the basic services of a planner.

When I vary the window sizes of the applications - Enscape jumps nervously back and forth, Shaderlight instead does it´s job cool and correct and thus offers absolute reproduction security and security in the production workflow, regardless of where or with what you work, no matter under which monitor or window sizes, whether Mac or Win etc etc...

now I hope to have made clearer what the problem is :?:;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• First things first I have to ask, are you using a "Two-Point Perspective" view SketchUp side, alongside "Synchronized Views"?

In that case, panning and zooming is not supported SketchUp -> Enscape

THIS HAS TO BE SUPPORTED! I continue to have this problem. I need to 100% of the time be able to perfectly reproduce the SketchUp Viewport. This is possible and you NEED to implement it. I fund the damn development time myself if I need too! I literally just lost a client because of this!

• Official Post

THIS HAS TO BE SUPPORTED! I continue to have this problem. I need to 100% of the time be able to perfectly reproduce the SketchUp Viewport. This is possible and you NEED to implement it. I fund the damn development time myself if I need too! I literally just lost a client because of this!

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll forward this to our developers as well so that they'll be further aware of the urgency for this implementation.