Rhino Mac Crash clicking Start Enscape button

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Update from me - I am now working with the latest Enscape 4 release. I have been able to install it successfully...however now when the Render window opens, it just flashes for a second, and then crashes, or is blocked in some other way.

That being said, Rhino is now fully showing the Enscape toolbars etc, at least.

mleverant, even though I'm at a different state than when I wrote earlier in the this thread, I still tried your suggestions - but to no avail. I am actively working with the support team to figure it out.

I haven't tried to remove parallels fully, which I also have. I have removed all versions of Windows Rhino however, which actually initially unblocked my install issues from before. Now, it's a different problem. I will check back if I decide to fully remove parallels as a fix. That being said, that's not a sustainable fix for me, as I use Revit on Windows frequently on this M2 air laptop.

• rajahbose I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm on MacBook Pro M2 Max, Ventura 13.4, Rhino 8.5, latest Enscape. It has installed fine, and I can click on all of the Enscape toolbar icons. However, when I click on "Start Enscape in a separate window", Enscape opens for a split second and then disappears. I cannot find the Enscape window after that. I have even tried going down to Rhino 7 but the same problem occurs, which makes it seem like it's an Enscape problem.

The Enscape support team has not responded to my emails since Thursday. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Let me know if you get any troubleshooting instructions.

• New
    • Official Post

rajahbose I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm on MacBook Pro M2 Max, Ventura 13.4, Rhino 8.5, latest Enscape. It has installed fine, and I can click on all of the Enscape toolbar icons. However, when I click on "Start Enscape in a separate window", Enscape opens for a split second and then disappears. I cannot find the Enscape window after that. I have even tried going down to Rhino 7 but the same problem occurs, which makes it seem like it's an Enscape problem.

The Enscape support team has not responded to my emails since Thursday. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Let me know if you get any troubleshooting instructions.

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch with support as well as submitting new log files - We'll reach back out to you once we've found the cause behind this ongoing problem.

• Same problem here, just installed my new Enscape license. All the buttons work, but when I press Start Enscape it doesn't show up. It loads for 1 second but that's it. As if it's on a different screen or something.

I'm using it on a MacBook Pro, M2 Max 32GB Sonoma, Sketchup Pro 2022.

Hoping for a quick fix!

• New
    • Official Post

Same problem here, just installed my new Enscape license. All the buttons work, but when I press Start Enscape it doesn't show up. It loads for 1 second but that's it. As if it's on a different screen or something.

I'm using it on a MacBook Pro, M2 Max 32GB Sonoma, Sketchup Pro 2022.

Hoping for a quick fix!

Hi Lotte_lolux and vaz , in case you haven't seen it yet, we've sent a reply back via e-mail with a dedicated temporary solution for the time being:

What you are encountering is a bug in our new version. Our developers have been able to determine that this is a permissions issue - Enscape does not have the correct permissions to access some of the folders the installer creates. To resolve this issue, please follow the below steps - please note that you will need administrator rights, or the assistance of your administrator to resolve this:

- Copy the following command to your clipboard:

sudo chown -R $USER: ~/Library/Logs/Enscape

- Open the Terminal application which can be found in Applications -> Utilities

- Paste the command from above and hit the Enter key

- Enter the administrator password when prompted

- The Terminal will not show any results after completion but another command prompt

- Close the Terminal and test Enscape once more in your CAD application

Our developers will fix this issue with our next service pack, so that it does not occur moving forward.

In case trying the above does not help here, simply reply back to my colleague via e-mail as well and we'll look into this further.