Enscape crash at start due to missing path from imported mat

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

I can't start enscape anymore since trying to import materials from the enscape material library. I tried to import a concrete and road texture.

Not sure how this can have anything to do with GPU as the text mention.

Welcome to our Forum auxdes , allow me to share one of our prior replies in order to resolve this:

The error you're receiving is very likely a leftover bug from Enscape 3.4 that involves how material data from the Enscape Material Editor is stored. Because the Enscape Material Editor adds additional material options outside of the native Sketchup options, the data is stored in the Program Files of the original machine. In previous versions, image files linked in the Enscape Material Editor were cleanly disconnected when the project moved from one storage location to another; however, this bug disrupted this disconnection and resulted in a corrupted image file.

I recommend performing a clean uninstall of your current version of Enscape using the steps below:

1. Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.
    2. Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button
    3. Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape
      • C:\Program Files\Enscape
    4. Then (re-)install Enscape 4.0 (our latest release) for all users as described here

After performing all these steps, it may still be necessary to manually review all textures in the Enscape Material Editor, looking for either yellow error warnings in the place of the texture image or transparency cutout textures that are .png files. Clicking the “x” on any of these selections will disconnect the file data.

If the issue still persists for you despite employing the above solution, then please also submit some a support report as detailed here.