SketchUp 2024 is out but …….

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • "...A simple uninstall and reinstall of Enscape3D does the trick..."
    Hi timeless

I still have no idea how to uninstall Enscape 🤔 how exactly is it done?

(I ask because I recently had trouble with an update and to uninstall Enscape it was recommended here in the forum to use the Revo Uninstaller for that - is that the method to do that you meant?)

• Simply type "uninstall program" after hitting your WIN key and follow the steps. MAC works differently.

I have succes using geek uninstaller for all sort of applications who give trouble having them installed or uninstalled.

SELECT > Force removal

🍀

• Thanks timeless for your help and patience 😉 but just with the WIN-method I run into some no man's land. In contrast to all other installed software I can't find any options via Windows which are related to my Enscape installation, and so certainly no unistall enscape option.

Now I don't dare to update to the latest version because my last update paralysed me for several days precisely because of Enscape's messy deinsall process.

By the way and to remain fair this was a phenomenon which never occurred with Enscape before. The trouble for me so far only occurred with this preview-version:

• Here's another potential gotch'ya:

SU2024 now utilises the GPU to make it much snappier, this is the same GPU Enscape uses so...

If SU gobbles up some of our precious VRam it means less for Enscape . For those of you with beefy 16/20/24Gb cards this may not be a problem but for those of us with only 8 it might mean the difference between Enscape rendering and it crashing.

I haven't installed 24 yet (I'm still on 22 as I hated 23) so this is all speculation, I'll wait for a few bugfix releases before I test myself.

• Thanks timeless for your help and patience 😉 but just with the WIN-method I run into some no man's land. In contrast to all other installed software I can't find any options via Windows which are related to my Enscape installation, and so certainly no unistall enscape option.

Now I don't dare to update to the latest version because my last update paralysed me for several days precisely because of Enscape's messy deinsall process.

By the way and to remain fair this was a phenomenon which never occurred with Enscape before. The trouble for me so far only occurred with this preview-version:

Hi Egie,

First try to uninstall Enscape by default uninstall procedure, see attachment. Should be in the list;

If not, reinstall Enscape. Try again to uninstall by default WIN native remove program feature.

If your Enscape trouble endure;

Reinstall Enscape and use Geek Uninstaller (free version) to 'Force Removal'

This did the trick for Enscape/ SketchUp/...

🍀

• Testing this AM quickly. Absolutely night and day faster native SketchUp navigation- huge improvement.

*Enscape was already available without a new install. That was a nice surprise.

A quick glance at HWMonitor for GPU memory usage. Testing a larger recent model I'm working on for a client.

GPU: 3080 12GB

SketchUp '24:

25% GPU memory consumed without Enscape open- native SketchUp. Can see it clearly using GPU resources when navigating.

50% with Enscape loaded up and navigating.

93% exporting an image.

70% exporting a video (unexpectedly lower than an image?).

SketchUp '23:

18% GPU memory consumed without Enscape open- native SketchUp.

45% with Enscape loaded up and navigating.

90% exporting an image.

63% exporting a video.

Conclusion: Although VERY informal and not scientific, I'd say it's not making an impact that's going to make or break a GPU in terms of memory.

• Hi Egie,

First try to uninstall Enscape by default ...If your Enscape trouble endure, Reinstall Enscape and use Geek Uninstaller (free version) to 'Force Removal'

This did the trick for Enscape...

Tanks again for your encouragement :thumbup: I will report when i am there ;)

• ...Just to finish off this post:

I finally found the time to update to Enscape 4.0.1

The Windows uninstaller alone did not work. So I used Revo uninstaller in addition which finally worked.

It is very desirable that these Enscape update processes run easier and above all cleaner in the future, especially with the high frequency of updates...