Enscape Source Type usage?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • In a search of trying to push the Enscape asset library objects, I would like to know what is the "Enscape Asset id" under properties, probably just and element Id like other Archicad objects, and for what you use it for...

But most important what is the "Enscape Source Type" that is always blank. Will WE have more definitions here on Enscape objects under custom properties?

The uploaded image might help a bit on this...

Thanks, cheers!

• It’s just a GUID (globally unique Id) to ensure each asset added to the library is unique, this way you could have 10 trees all called ‘tree’ but be unique in the asset library.

There’s no hidden meaning in the numbers, guid or uuid generators are freely available such as: https://www.uuidgenerator.net/guid

ok then WE can use the blank area from "Asset Source Type" with our own team coding to manage our BIM data for project purposes. Might be good to never change the "Asset id". This is mainly because Enscape objects need to be hidden in some views such as technical drawings such as elevations, section, plans, details etc. That "Asset Source Type" might be good if i rename all the trees to an name that I can later hide through archicad graphical overrides... just ideas...

Thanks Paul, cheers!

• I’m going to guess but that’ll be for if they buy a collection from the likes of evermotion and are required to state its source.

I don’t know about archicad but the structure behind the asset library cannot be written to in SketchUp and even if it could be it would be overwritten the next time the library is updated with new assets.

I find it strange the Enscape chose to expose the guid and source fields to users in that dialog as they are irrelevant to us.