RHINO 8 + ENSCAPE 4 - Bugs and questions

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I want to hear if anyone else are experiencing the same issues as us? (I have also submitted this message through Rhino 8 (After i finally found the support button).

We are at the office looking into maybe upgrading from Rhino 7 + Enscape 3.4.4 (Because 3.5.x did not work) to Rhino 8 + Enscape 4.

I was quite exited to finally get a stable version (after almost one year of waiting) I am now testing out the new software on our models where we have been using 3.4.4, and i am quite dissapointed.

There seems to be a lot of the same bugs, which there were in the 3.5.x, that i know has been reported here by many users, and they are still here in version 4.

I am especially talking about the fact that the Rhino viewport is super laggy when enscape is running, this was also a problem with Rhino 7 and 3.5.x and was reported many times here on the forum, is this an unfixable "feature"? (This is a big deal, it is disrupting the workflow so much that we find unusalble like 3.5.x)

3.4.4 works perfect, no lag AT ALL.....

When moving and object in Rhino, it will move in the enscape window simultaneously, when live-updates are turned on, which affects performance negatively. Can this be fixed (again)?

We are also experiencing the already reported bug, where the Rhino viewport will change/sync, when selecting a saved view in the enscape viewport. Do you know when this will be fixed?

I am also running out of GPU memory when turning on ray-traced sun shadows.... (AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 RAM) (see attached photo).

I cant seem to find the enscape toolbar in rhino 8? (i had to do a workaround where i created my own custom toolbar, to access the enscape icons/buttons, why i had a hard time finding the support button :) ).

PNGs insterted will not show in the enscape window as png's but a a picture with white background,(see attached photo) all cutouts placed in a model cant be used anymore. Can this be fixed?

Some reflections are showing as white objects (it did not in 3.4.4 (see attached photo))

This is just be bugs ive come across after using the software for 15 min... And it is really sad. I like enscape a lot, it is an amazing tool with fast rendering times and cool features(i am an advanced user, using it every day for high-end visualizations).. But it is sad that the "new" updates (3.5x and 4.x.x) are not working properly...

kind regards. :)

• I have the same problems, I have only worked briefly with Enscape 4: I didn't even install the pre-release version due to lack of time and possible frustration. But now, unfortunately, the same thing is happening with the official version. I don't have time to go back and forth installing versions, testing and debugging!

- Viewport in Rhino is slow when Enscape is running

- Live updates not really working when layer with geometry is switched off still shows parts in Rhino

The toolbar was not poping up but is in the new R8 toolbar group which seams to be different, not slowing when entering via right click on toolbars than compared to the menu in windows: