Skatter With Enscape 4.0 Bug?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Odd behavior:

1) I'm not able to load Enscape 4.0 with Skatter Compositions created BEFORE having opened Enscape in a model session.

1. If I created a composition, even after deleting them, I need to "purge unused" from SketchUp first before Enscape will reload correctly again- even if SketchUp is simply close/reopened.
    2. I can, however, run Enscape correctly if a Skatter composition is created after Enscape has opened. BUT..see #2 below.

2) Assuming issue the above doesn't happen - Skatter seems to likely hang on "computation in progress" and SketchUp needs a force close/end process when creating some new compositions.

1. Maybe something to do with the new '24 graphics engine in SketchUp.
    2. Maybe something to do with loading Bazaar proxy's vs picking objects from model space.

Anyone else having issues? Tested in SketchUp '23 and just now '24. Submitted an Enscape support ticket in the meantime but this is further info after submitting the ticket.

jiminy-billy-bob

EDIT:

Likely something to do with the way objects get loaded into the composition. I can use Enscape assets or other random objects inside the model, but loading things from Bazaar seems to be the issue. Example, I can grab the full geometry of "grass" from a download bazaar asset, paste into SketchUp and Skatter it. But cannot do that via the Bazaar/Skatter menus.

• I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

Here are the steps I followed, please correct them if they are wrong:

- Open a new SketchUp model

- Draw a rectangle, group it

- Open 3D Bazaar, import the basic Skatter Grass (both Proxies and Full Geometry give the same result)

- The Compositions Editor opens, add the rectangle as a surface host, and Generate

- Start Enscape, the grass appears in the render

This is using Enscape 4.0.0 on Windows, in SketchUp 2023 and 2024.

Am I doing something differently than you?

• Thanks for testing. You followed the method exactly. Enscape support has requested I reinstall Enscape so I'll give that a try here in a bit.

Specifically, the problem is if I use the Bazaar import method. If I choose any object/component in the model it will run fine.

If I have Enscape running already and then run the same steps to start a composition, it'll hang on "Computation in progress..." and Sketchup will lock up as well resulting in an end task/close from Task Manager in Windows.

Was thinking maybe it's something to do with the Bazaar permission for Skatter on my machine, but I don't recall any options for that when installing the plugin. Tested with a few other Bazaar Skatter V2 free items and the same thing happens, so I don't think it's any particular Bazaar item.

UPDATE: Performed a fresh install of Enscape and the issue persists.

• Thanks for the log files!

Unfortunately they don't have any information regarding your issue.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Do you have another computer on which you could test?

It's something to do with Enscape and I can't seem to get further responses from Enscape suppoer on my open tickets ( Demian Gutberlet ). I can Skatter just fine with Bazaar objects as you normally would inside SketchUp, but loading Enscape is the issue. Only with Bazaar objects though. Anything else will work.

• Official Post

It's something to do with Enscape and I can't seem to get further responses from Enscape suppoer on my open tickets ( Demian Gutberlet ). I can Skatter just fine with Bazaar objects as you normally would inside SketchUp, but loading Enscape is the issue. Only with Bazaar objects though. Anything else will work.

First of, thank you very much for keeping in touch with support. My colleague will now escalate this behavior accordingly, you'll of course hear back from him if we'll require any further information what so ever in order to troubleshoot this.