I created a small free SketchUp plugin to convert any component in your model to a low poly version which will be replaced by Enscape with the real component when rendering.
1. Download the plugin from the SketchUp Extension Warehouse: AW Proxy for Enscape3d plugin
2. Goto the SketchUp Extension Manager and install extension.
3. Select the downloaded .rbz file
How to use:
1. right click on a component which you want to replace with a low poly version.
2. Select the command 'AW Create Proxy for Enscape3d'
3. all instances of this component will be replaced by the low poly version and the Original component is saved in the same location as the SketchUp model.
4. when using Enscape the low poly version will be replaced by Enscape for rendering
- Edges should be turned on in the Style to see the proxy in SketchUp
- Only use on components with nested components which aren't uses in other places in the model. All entities inside these nested components will be cleared!
Change the low poly component back to the original component can very easy be achieved by using the SketchUp function 'Reload'. This function can be found when you right click on the low poly model. Select the original component which is saved in the same location as the SketchUp model.