sketchup material updates

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi, for testing real reflection i reproduce (faster) a new batiment near my city, the scene have the same sun angle and same time of day.

For a real effect, the glazing has a double glazing which gives a duplicating effect with offset in the reflection, the glazing is not perfect either, it takes a light distortion effect. Will this be possible in the next version ?

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Vp4ILda.jpg]

• had the same problem, had a premade model put into enscape with an oculus headset, everything functioning perfectly with the materials looking really slick. then all of sudden all the keyword materials id modified reverted back to their old names. Very strange

• i can't reproduce....im on enscape 2.0. Just for realistic reflexion, glazing reflect object near ( 5 meters or 6 meters) and after the glazing don't reflect object.

Actually I don't think Enscape is about realistic reflections. It has to perform as real time renderer - therefore many simplifications are needed. Don't treat Enscape as Vray or Maxwell. It will never offer the same quality because it is just impossible. That's my opinion:)

But your render looks good for postproduction in Photoshop. One of the things I miss in Enscape is render maps like: material ID, render ID etc.

• signpluspro Have you tried our latest preview releases? We optimized our reflections.

Atticus Maytrap Never heard about that before. Did the materials lose their keywords inside of SketchUp?

Sidorenko Exactly. We have to optimize our engine regarding real-time rendering, so we have to give you 80-90% realism in less than <1% of the rendering time of other solutions.

• Exactly. We have to optimize our engine regarding real-time rendering, so we have to give you 80-90% realism in less than <1% of the rendering time of other solutions.

My impression is that the optimization is active also if the model is light and small. It could be great to disable some optimizations to get an enhanced look. So, the user could choose between fast RT and slower still image quality. Some optimizations are to strong for some needs (like a little bath room interior and at the large mirror only the half model is shown). I know, less options and much automatic can be nice, but often the needs are different and it would no problem for the engine to deliver the quality under the needed circumstances.

• So, the user could choose between fast RT and slower still image quality.

Yes, it could be nice. But, to be honest, I don't think it 's the most important for now - m a t e r i a l e d i t o r for sketchup seems to be more necessary to make better renderings. But I agree that possibility would be nice in the future.

MS

• I think it's important since I have quality problems like this and couldn't use the result for my clients:

* interior is shown open at reflections + wrong scene lighting through opening

* objects are missing in clear reflections

* emissive objects behind the camera are disabled/hidden and the lighting fails

* emissive object some meters far away from the camera are disabled and so the interior is dark in the background

* noise doesn't clean up within the few seconds render time

So, I would like to try to disable optimizations and try to get better results. Maybe it would help to keep emissive objects in the scene always. Also single objects in the visible view area could kept behind the camera too.