how to get Enscape started with my own favourite visual settings?

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi All

as so often with me - a beginner's question:

Whenever I start Enscape, all the default start visual settings are weird and not usable.

How can I set Enscape to start with my own preferred visual settings by default in future?

• Assuming your using SketchUp:

You can build out a SketchUp file with tags, scenes, materials, components etc etc and ….. you can fire up Enscape and add as many settings as you wish.

Then in SU save it as your default template.

Mine has 20 or so tags, 3 starter scenes with specific tags on/off, several basic materials I use in all models and a few starter Enscape setting for things like stills, panos, videos etc.

My 3 scenes are 2 for building and one for rendering, in Enscape I have the rendering scene assigned with my basic pano settings as I mostly do panos. Bear in mind my 3 initial scenes are more to do with tag visibility than the actual views of the model.

• ...thanks Paul Russam for reminding me of this really good suggestion :thumbup: (I think I read it recently and probably from you).
    That's exactly what I'm going to do right now!

;) so within Enscape there is nowhere a button like "Save current settings as default"

• If you have a default scene in SU you could assign your preferred setting to it in Enscape, that way, when you open Enscape with that scene selected it’s those settings that are active.

Do that in your template and every model you make using it will have those particular settings applied on render.

There’s nothing stopping you from creating a few SU scenes that have nothing but Enscape settings applied so you can switch between them before/during running Enscape

• :thumbup: Thanks and ja, which is pretty smart, especially from a "straight ahead(?)" workflow point of view!

( I'll have to see if this template also works in the same way under network conditions with my colleagues then ;) )

• If you have a default scene in SU you could assign your preferred setting to it in Enscape, that way, when you open Enscape with that scene selected it’s those settings that are active.

Do that in your template and every model you make using it will have those particular settings applied on render.

There’s nothing stopping you from creating a few SU scenes that have nothing but Enscape settings applied so you can switch between them before/during running Enscape

you are right about that, you can create multiple scenes and each one have its own Enscape settings and then save it as a template
    but you dont need to create scenes in the template to have your Enscape settings saved

you just create your custom Enscape settings and delete the "default" ones, and save the file as the Sketchup's default template

but of course it's much more productive to have multiple settings and multiple scenes saved in the default template, I do it too, its a real time saver