Assets = Planting category?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I am posting this to open discussion to both Enscape developers and other Architecture firms out there. :P

Should the new Assets as part of Enscape 2.4 really be assigned to the Revit "Planting" Category???

I would much rather have People, Cars, Furniture, Clutter, etc.. all assigned to the "Entourage" Category instead. :thumbup: This way I can have my staff always hide the "Entourage" category when generating 2D working drawings.

Trees, shrubs, plants should be left on the "Planting" Category in my opinion.

• One possible workflow could be to put all Assets inside a Design Option as per the Enscape Best Practices for Revit Design Options, (https://enscape3d.com/best-practices-revits-design-options/) however this still takes a little bit of effort to get all the Visibility/Graphics settings correct amongst multiple views. Possibly a View Template for 3D views created in Revit could help manage the workflow?

Second possible workflow could be to put all Assets inside a separate Revit file. Then link in the Building Revit model .rvt file used for documentation. This keeps Assets completely out of the documentation altogether. The downside is there is no flexibility in editing the linked model on the fly if need be.

• Or you could use a workset to put them on (that's currently the route we're taking).

Whether you go by category, workset or designoption, each one will require a little bit of extra work but I don't think it will be that bad. If you have a ton of assets you could use the linking workflow but I could see that becoming annoying real quick.

I personally like they chose the planting category because we can easily scale the assets. That wouldn't be the case if they picked entourage for example.

• Official Post

jgendell , this whole subject regarding the category in which the assets are assigned an so on is still in its infancy state. There'll be a lot of improvements and general changes being implemented with time. :) Still, if you'd like me to file a dedicated feature request to this topic anyway, please let me know what exactly you want to see implemented and I'll put it on our agenda. ;) Thanks a lot.

• I personally like they chose the planting category because we can easily scale the assets. That wouldn't be the case if they picked entourage for example.

Did not know this! Thanks for sharing

please let me know what exactly you want to see implemented and I'll put it on our agenda. ;) Thanks a lot.

You are welcome, I don't believe anything shall be implemented in your agenda at this point. This thread was mainly for discussion of workflow with the new feature when used in combination with Revit. Pieter has brought up some good points as well for a Revit workflow!

• Official Post

jgendell , alright! Let me know in case there is anything else I can help you with. ;)