Quest 2 + enscape the last attempt

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • New
    • Official Post

diego linhares , while we do not officially support the Meta Quest 2 (also without using SteamVR on top) we do in fact support the Meta Quest 3 itself natively in case that is also an option for you: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…l-reality-headset/#oculus

There is a dedicated workaround I can share to make the Meta Quest 2 work with Enscape in case you experience any problems currently, otherwise we can of course only reccomend going with the latest model, the Quest 3 accordingly anyway if possible.

Let me know in case of any further questions what so ever.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet

I've been following along for a while on the forums, trying to get a Quest 2 headset to work with Enscape. Although I have succeeded with a much older version of Enscape, from almost 2 years ago, I've been failing with v3.5 and v4.

I have Meta Quest Link software installed, but not Steam as this is a work owned laptop so there is resistance to getting that sort of software installed. However I understand that for the most recent versions of Enscape, having Steam VR installed is no longer a requirement?

Might you be able to share the workaround you mention above? Every time I try to start VR, it gets stuck on 'searching for headset'.

I've tried loading the various software and connections in different orders, and the box to allow unknown sources is ticked. I've had Twinmotion successfully connecting to my headset on this laptop becuase i've been unable to make Enscape work, however I'd much rather be using your software!

I understand the Quest 2 isn't supported natively, but the Quest 3 is. We own 2x Quest 2 headsets which have had very little usage, so I'd really like to get them working rather than having to try and get further purchasing approved for Quest 3's.

Thank you!

• New
    • Official Post

Thanks a lot for your post and welcome to our Forum.

In this case only the Meta Quest 3 currently is officially supported which means that you will still need to install Steam + SteamVR accordingly in order to make use of the Meta Quest 2 itself - I understand that Steam itself may first off seem like a "game installation platform" only or similar hence the hesitation to install it, but it is definitely more than that.

If you still experience issues with getting the "searching for headset" message thereafter you can also submit a dedicated support report as detailed here.

While we cannot guarantee that the Quest 2 will work flawlessly with your current setup or generally, feel free to submit said report just in case and we will have a closer look at the generated log files sent along and such to troubleshoot this further.

• I was able to get the latest Enscape to work with my Quest 2 just a couple of weeks ago through SteamVR wirelessly through Virtual Desktop. This is the only way I was able to do it and some of the controller functionalities are lost, but it gets the job done for the most part.