New Preview Version

• Hi Pieter ,

thanks a lot for your feedback! It'd be very interesting for us to have a look at the project where you've noticed a performance drop to figure out, if it's really the texture resolution or something else. Would it be possible for you to share the project file with us?

I'd love to but I guess you guys will also need all the texture maps (it's a revit project). Unfortunately, afaik I will have to collect all the textures manually so it might take some time. I'll get to it asap.

• Hi ArchAce , welcome to our Forum.

Are you running Enscape in "Ultra" Quality setting? If yes, please reduce the quality to "High".

With our current preview version we've introduced more complex reflections in "Ultra" settings only.

And we allow higher res textures in our preview as well.

• the new shadow controls in the latest preview seems great! but I too am experiencing performance problems, and it seems that I get VERY low framerates (below 5-10) even in completely simple scenes (a white plane with a single model from the asset library). This happens on both medium, high and ultra settings, with all settings tabs set to default. i'm running a Titan X (non p) with newest drivers.

I hope you can find the cause of this soon :-)

Best regards

• Hello Jonathan,

hello everybody,

here´s the strange thing:

after installing the preview version for the second time (i used the same install file) everything runs smooth as always!

so here is my steps:

1. i installed the latest stable version 2.4.2.4-g82727a0. everything was running smooth.

2. i installed the preview without uninstalling enscape. performance was very low. EVEN with lower settings than ultra.

3. i installed version 2.4.1.1180-g23fa96b without uninstalling enscape. everything was running smooth.

4. (today) i installed version 2.4.2.1372-g19fa010. everything runs smooth.

regards

Alex

• Great tip, but unfortunately it did not work for me here :-) hopefully others will have better luck

• Hey ArchAce , please let us know in case you experience any further performance problems again! :)

Herbo , I'm sorry to hear about that. We're aware that some users experience performance issues with our latest preview and this has already been filed as a dedicated bug report. Even though this may not tell us the cause behind this, would you be so very kind as to send in some feedback please? :) Don't forget to add a reference in the submission form so that we know it's from you. That would great, thank you in advance!

• I've also reverted back a version for presentation walk-throughs: trying to demo a larger project and it was just too 'jerky' and couldn't get rid of the "lighting grid" bug. I'll send a bug report, but not sure what happens to the logs when an older version is loaded over a new version.

(But the individual image renders for smaller jobs, the newest seemed noticeably quicker, as did the loading of the panorama/web manager.)

• Hi Herbo , ArchAce , Gadget and others having performance issues in the last Preview:

Is it possible you've set the capturing resolution rather high (e.g. 4k)? Unfortunately the last Preview was released with a bug that caused Enscape to start with the capturing resolution. So if you've set this to something like 4K Enscape will always render in that resolution, which is of course quite demanding compared to your usual 1080p or so resolution. If you're experiencing this issue you might want to set the capture resolution to "Window resolution" temporarily until you actually do a rendering.

Hope that helps! Of course we're busy fixing the issue for the next Preview!

• Hi Herbo , ArchAce , Gadget and others having performance issues in the last Preview:

Is it possible you've set the capturing resolution rather high (e.g. 4k)? Unfortunately the last Preview was released with a bug that caused Enscape to start with the capturing resolution. So if you've set this to something like 4K Enscape will always render in that resolution, which is of course quite demanding compared to your usual 1080p or so resolution. If you're experiencing this issue you might want to set the capture resolution to "Window resolution" temporarily until you actually do a rendering.

Hope that helps! Of course we're busy fixing the issue for the next Preview!

This sounds right! Mine was set to a rather extreme 7000x5000. It runs perfectly when i set the capture resolution to "window" instead. great :-)

• I wonder if this is the right place to look for information regarding latest test releases?

I see this text

• Shadow sharpness setting
    • Support larger textures
    • Various bugfixes

and could use a bit more info :-)

sorry if I'm just looking the wrong place.

Jorgensen

• There is currently not much further we could share regarding what has been implemented into our latest preview, and the first page of this thread will always be updated to reflect the major changes to Enscape.

Also, when it comes to the "Various bugfixes", we always do our best to let users in the corresponding threads and our tickets know, that a particular problem has been resolved for example. In this case, we resolved among others, this issue described here.

Summed up I would generally advice to have a look at the first page frequently, and if you have any specific questions about a certain new functionality what so ever, you can also always contact me via PM for example to receive further information, or send us an e-mail (support@enscape3d.com). :)

• Summed up I would generally advice to have a look at the first page frequently, and if you have any specific questions about a certain new functionality what so ever, you can also always contact me via PM for example to receive further information, or send us an e-mail (support@enscape3d.com). :)

Doh - sorry I did'nt look at the first page. My fault.

One thing though how large is "larger textures." ?