Object movement in animation?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • povoom - I am afraid animated objects in a panorama would not be possible, a panorama is just a still image essentially.

I've up-voted the related story for you though.

• povoom - I am afraid animated objects in a panorama would not be possible, a panorama is just a still image essentially.

I've up-voted the related story for you though.

I'm sorry, I mean by just panning/navigating around in Enscape, possible in the future to see animated objects, like panning around the water animate by itself currently.

• Official Post

I'm sorry, I mean by just panning/navigating around in Enscape, possible in the future to see animated objects, like panning around the water animate by itself currently.

Animated objects (starting with vegetation moving in the wind for example) is definitely something which we'll implement, but probably not before Enscape 2.8. :)

• Official Post

kelly.mc , An Ngo , thanks for the feedback - be aware, that this implementation is only a matter of time anyways!

• Hi Demian - I am really interested in bringing animation (moving objects) into Enscape as well:thumbup:Enscape itself is amazing and animation would add much more value8)

Is there any progress made in the meantime in developing that feature? Maybe there is also a timeline? - Appreciate your support:thumbup:

• There's really two different things when we talk about animation:

1. Enscape-driven objects like birds flying, wind in the trees, etc.

2. User-driven objects animated with keyframe techniques.

I'd much prefer the 2nd option be developed first, lol.

Regardless, it would probably be a two step process, correct? Capturing something moving on a frame-by-frame basis for an animation is probably much easier to implement than a true, realtime scenario. With keyframed animation, the duration of the image generation would be the same as now - but perhaps have the option of adding a set amount of extra time to each frame (1 to 5sec?) so that all shadows/reflection/GI solutions have time to resolve. Just spitballing here, haha.

• The most basic of animation effects would be to replace a specific texture with a movie/animation file (that is just a series of images.)

Then there is already a "water" animation: applying the shading element of this to grass or leave textures should be able to reproduce ripples and animation in other surface assets. It could also be applied to smoke or flame assets to give them some life.

Edit: Actually I would love to see an animated bump-map that could be applied to textures - you could produce wake ripples, raindrops, moving scales, waterfalls, ...

The next step would be actually manipulating the points that create the geometry of existing assets in 3D space. This could be used to open doors or move ducks on a pond.

Then there is an in-between stage where you sub-divide a surface to create points on it, then agitate these points. This could be used to create true 3D waves that would be seen at the union of 'water' planes and other surfaces or curtains that blow in the wind.

Then you get "true" animation where one set of 3D geometry is transformed into another set of geometry over a specific time-frame.

• Official Post

Hi Demian - I am really interested in bringing animation (moving objects) into Enscape as well:thumbup:Enscape itself is amazing and animation would add much more value8)

Is there any progress made in the meantime in developing that feature? Maybe there is also a timeline? - Appreciate your support:thumbup:

Welcome to our forum! :) We are actually in the development process of the first animation feature which will make vegetation and such move in the wind. Afterward we'll have people animated looking at their phones and such for example, to make them feel a bit more organic - as a final step we'll implement a dedicated animation system which will allow you to create your own paths.

There's really two different things when we talk about animation:

Regardless, it would probably be a two step process, correct? Capturing something moving on a frame-by-frame basis for an animation is probably much easier to implement than a true, realtime scenario. With keyframed animation, the duration of the image generation would be the same as now - but perhaps have the option of adding a set amount of extra time to each frame (1 to 5sec?) so that all shadows/reflection/GI solutions have time to resolve. Just spitballing here, haha.

In this case the 1. point will indeed be developed first I'm afraid. :) This will generally be less complex to implement compared to having dedicated animations via keyframes, but this is also just a matter of time until it's gonna be available. :)

• There's really two different things when we talk about animation:

You're right:thumbup:I would definitely push for the second option as well!:)

• Official Post

You're right:thumbup:I would definitely push for the second option as well!:)

I'll forward your request, but chances are pretty high that the first option will be implemented first - so thank you for a bit more patience. :)

• Welcome to our forum! :) We are actually in the development process of the first animation feature which will make vegetation and such move in the wind. Afterward we'll have people animated looking at their phones and such for example, to make them feel a bit more organic - as a final step we'll implement a dedicated animation system which will allow you to create your own paths.

In this case the 1. point will indeed be developed first I'm afraid. :) This will generally be less complex to implement compared to having dedicated animations via keyframes, but this is also just a matter of time until it's gonna be available. :)

lol. No worries, Demian. It's been mentioned before, but what about integrating with the Animator extension by Fredo6? It seems like a fairly straightforward process. I know it works with V-Ray for SketchUp, but not sure if that's CPU offline only - where there's a definitive 'end of render frame' point that tells Animator (or a keyframe process in Max, Maya,etc) that it's safe to start rendering the next frame. This is pretty much how Chaos' Project Lavina is working in their realtime beta player when you need to save frames with animation. Unreal is trying to do the same, but with very mixed results so far...

Moving objects is really brand new territory with realtime GPU and realtime ray tracing!

• Official Post

landrvr1 , so right off the bat, Fredo support is on our agenda filed as a feature request so I'm adding your upvote to that topic to show the further demand for this. Although at least at the moment I would say that support for this plugin is rather unlikely since this would be for SketchUp only, but we will of course provide animations for all the other supported CAD solutions as well. :) Still, thanks a lot for your feedback!

• Welcome to our forum! :) We are actually in the development process of the first animation feature which will make vegetation and such move in the wind. Afterward we'll have people animated looking at their phones and such for example, to make them feel a bit more organic - as a final step we'll implement a dedicated animation system which will allow you to create your own paths.

That's great news! Tree animations, leaves etc. will really help bring our movies to life (hopefully that comes along with some more high quality vegetation models ;) ) It would also be nice to have the option of leaving animation on or off in the realtime viewport. I realize the reason it's disabled now (for water) is that it allows the image to converge/ resolve. Like in VR (where everything needs to update constantly), it would be nice to have an option to leave animation on, even though it means things like reflections will be a little blurry.