Replacing Revit Components with Enscape Assets

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have an existing project and we are trying to update the visuals. I do not see a way to replace assets but only place new ones. I am hoping there is a way to replace an entire family rather than just replace each individual asset. Hopefully I am just missing something simple.

• dylan.johnson There's currently no way of swapping all Enscape assets at once.

I have some questions regards your process:

• Why do you want to swap an entire family?
    • With which assets should they be replaced and by which logic?
  • dylan.johnson There's currently no way of swapping all Enscape assets at once.

1) we want something to show one way in our project documentation (for example a clean symbolic representation of a sofa) but want to have it rendered by using the .fbx provided by the manufacturer

2) by Revit type (if we could add a parameter 'enscape proxy' to objects and type in a GUID there, Enscape would replace that geometry with the proxy).

1.) The project already has many assets placed in the file. Possibly around 100. I would like to replace all the low quality chairs in the file with the higher quality ones provided by enscape.

2.) The method I was attempting was to select all instances of the Revit asset, in this case a chair, and use the properties tab to select a different asset. I can replace it with any Revit asset I desire with this method, but the enscape assets disappear from the menu when I attempt this method.

• Official Post

1) we want something to show one way in our project documentation (for example a clean symbolic representation of a sofa) but want to have it rendered by using the .fbx provided by the manufacturer

2) by Revit type (if we could add a parameter 'enscape proxy' to objects and type in a GUID there, Enscape would replace that geometry with the proxy).

Pardon, regarding 1) , you also want to be able to import your own Assets into our asset library, more specifically .fbx files, correct? Because right now, there is no way to import .fbx files, but this is on our agenda and I'll gladly upvote the corresponding topic on your behalf. :) Kindly let me know in case I'm missing something!

Regarding 2) , if by proxy you're referring to our assets, your feedback will be added to our agenda in the corresponding feature request I'll file through you and dylan.johnson .

1.) The project already has many assets placed in the file. Possibly around 100. I would like to replace all the low quality chairs in the file with the higher quality ones provided by enscape.

2.) The method I was attempting was to select all instances of the Revit asset, in this case a chair, and use the properties tab to select a different asset. I can replace it with any Revit asset I desire with this method, but the enscape assets disappear from the menu when I attempt this method.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, this will be added to corresponding feature request! :)

• Yeah that's right.

The most important step would be to bring in custom assets (fbx or another format).

After that, a cherry on top would be if we could have any family/object render out with this proxy replacement.

It seems like you guys are using a guid (stored in a hidden parameter) right 'ow to let enscape know which ones to replace with the enscape assets. If we could view the guid of any enscape asset we could add this for example to our default chair in our template. The chair would like normal in plan, Elevation, revit 3d view etc, but would be replaced inside enscape with a high poly asset.

• Official Post

Pieter , thank you very much for the further feedback. I'll include everything in the corresponding topic, and as mentioned, the feature request to allow you to import .fbx files into our asset library got a further upvote through your voice! ;)