Tree reflection in glass material

• Zenoardelean and Tikos , reflections of trees and generally vegetation is highly simplified to reduce performance cost. Otherwise, if we were to render them in reflections as is, it would be very likely that you would experience some lagging, even if you'd be using a decent graphics card. :)

We constantly strive to enhance our real-time reflections in general, and with hardware getting better and better, we're able to add further improvements which make them look even better and more realistic.

• I know but trees in Assets library does not have 2D appearance. Might be in the end I will use it but in this phase we need to have the relation with floorplans.

Anyway, thank for the advise. I will try see if it fixed.

And how about the shadow, do you know what is happening?

• I know but trees in Assets library does not have 2D appearance. Might be in the end I will use it but in this phase we need to have the relation with floorplans.

Anyway, thank for the advise. I will try see if it fixed.

And how about the shadow, do you know what is happening?

As stated already regarding the missing reflections of your leafs in general, that is a normal behavior to improve performance / avoid performance culprits. Our shadows are not limited in such a way, in this case it looks like the leafs are indeed too small to be really visible in them. :)

Like Tikos mentioned, our asset library trees do in fact look quiet a lot better than the provided ArchiCAD trees, so as soon as you get chance, I recommend to use them to improve your project visually.

• thinhpham , anything specific you're talking about? :) Generally, we'll implement the dedicated material editor which is already available for SketchUp into ArchiCAD as well in the near future, so stay tuned for that. If there is anything else you'd like to see implemented, please kindly let me know.

• thinhpham , anything specific you're talking about? :) Generally, we'll implement the dedicated material editor which is already available for SketchUp into ArchiCAD as well in the near future, so stay tuned for that. If there is anything else you'd like to see implemented, please kindly let me know.

I have gone through our forum and I aware of everyone has indicated all the issues that we are encountering with archicad. Besides the material editor, it would be really nice if Enscape can incorporate with Archicad about 3d & 2d trees functions.

I am looking forward to seeing the news.

Thank you

• it would be really nice if Enscape can incorporate with Archicad about 3d & 2d trees functions.

Pardon, could you kindly elaborate on that? We plan to add a lot more trees in general into our Asset Library, since they are all in 3D so far, I can also file a feature request to include 2D trees in the future. If something is missing regarding our tree assets, please kindly let me know as well. We're always open to feedback! :)

• Pardon, could you kindly elaborate on that? We plan to add a lot more trees in general into our Asset Library, since they are all in 3D so far, I can also file a feature request to include 2D trees in the future. If something is missing regarding our tree assets, please kindly let me know as well. We're always open to feedback! :)

Hi,

As you know, in BIM software like Revit and Archicad, they have tree library that can represent both in 2d and 3d. The incorporation between 2d and 3d in BIM software is essential. It reduces working time for designing and organising. At the moment, if I want to use trees from Enscape, I only use it for 3d (visualization). for 2D, it is from archicad.

What I mean is that if I place a 3D tree from Enscape into Archicad, the position of this tree must appear on 2d drawing. That is the ideal situation for what I suggest.

Thanks you.

• Agreed

What I would like from the Enscape trees is as follows:

-Place asset object in archicad - archicad object is a simple tree object a ball on a stick like a lollipop - keeps the archicad model running fast

- Archicad object needs to have capability to add tree specification data to be useful as a BIM object

-Archicad object has a simple plan 2d view, a circle with a dot in the middle - this is typically how we identify proposed trees on a plan

- option for a second tree symbol to denote existing trees

- The rendered tree shows up in Enscape render view / vr etc

- It would be useful if the tree object could have 4 seasonal variations

We are about to start work on an ArchiCAD tree object which does everything we need it to form a BIM perspective and ideally we would like to be able to link that to the Enscape render trees, we'd be happy to work with you on this.

• I know that in Revit they have RPC object which is really powerfull (working performance and efficiency) and helpful for visualisation. I hope that Enscape and Archicad can work on this to provide more stronger ability for us.

Thank you.