VR is not working well.

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi Guys,

Some issues. From low to ultra settings it does not matter we experience massive glitching.

From boxing, lag, a weird under water tearing effect, and the avatar of the controllers having a phantom lagging a second behind them.

It had been working well a while back.

In this state Enscape VR is unusable.

System preforms very well on VRMark benchmarks.

Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.2GHZ

64GB ram

SSD

GTX 1080 ti

WIN 10

HTC Vive pro wireless

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

• Official Post

Hi buddha23666

thanks for your report. Unfortunately there's a known issue that running the Htc Vive with the wireless setup results in both graphical and latency issues, depending on your framerate. Please see this thread for further details and discussion:

HTC VIVE Pro + Wireless headset glitch

• Hello,

I am having the same exact problem but with the Oculus Rift.

My computer seems powerful enough

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1535M v6 @ 3.10Ghz 3.10Ghz

64GB ram

SSD

Nvidia Quadro P4000

WIN 10

Oculus Rift

Is there any setting i can do to make things smoother?

Thanks,

Allen

• Official Post

Allen_C , sorry to hear about that. Do you also experience all these problems when you set the "Rendering Quality" in the General tab of our Enscape Settings to "Draft"? :) If so, also in a smaller project (in case the projects you've been viewing are rather large or heavily detailed)?

Also, please make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. You can download a new driver from the Nvidia homepage.

Please be aware, that Windows often display your graphics card drivers being up to date, even when it's not the case. Therefore we advise that you do not upgrade your drivers via Windows Device Manager.

• I know this was marked as resolved, but for anyone else coming across this issue after unsuccessfully searching for a solution, I wanted to offer our workaround. We are experiencing this exact same issue with only one of our projects now, we are not using the wireless adapter, and the screen tearing is present even in Draft mode. The underwater effect is not present in most projects, but a current (small) interiors project with a lot of glass and a few reflective surfaces displays this effect. The screen tearing is strangely not present when viewing the exterior of the project, only when you enter the interior portion.

We've found that disabling the Motion Smoothing option in SteamVR and setting the super-sampling to 100% eliminates the screen tearing issue.