More complex Video path - multiple waypoints

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hello dobrodrummer,

Since we've often been asked to include a possibility to export videos as soon as possible, we decided to go for a solution to easily render videos from Enscape that's as simple as possible.
    As a result, at this moment, indeed you can only create videos transitioning from one point to the next, without the ability to set points in between.
    You can also transition between different times of Day, and between different Fields of View.

You can, however, combine these single video files to a complete movie using any video editing software.

I will file your question as a feature request for our developers, so they're informed on the demand for more complex paths. Thank you for your feedback!

• Hello all, I have spent a total of about 20 minutes with my trial version so I am the definition of a rookie.

From what I am understanding so far about Enscape for sketchup is that in order to make a video that follows a predefined path around a building using scenes created in sketchup as keyframes I would need to make a series of straight line videos that go from one scene to the next and then combine them in a video editor after the fact.

Is that correct? There is no way to set a complex predefined path and create a video that follows that path?

Thanks

Paul

• I am afraid that is the only way, for now, I do not know what Enscape has in mind for the future or if there will be a keyframe-based system in the works. If you have a good enough GPU and can navigate the scene at high resolution/quality then maybe use a screen capture software and record as you navigate the scene.

• Thanks Solo,

I have a gtx 1080 which I think will do the job, but i am seriously considering adding 4 more of the same. I have been experimenting with Podium prowalker iray and to do what i want with it i will need multiple gpu.

Interesting that many, many, years ago I posted my first image created with Podium on the podium forum and you were the first person to reply then as well. I believe your comment was "Brilliant!"

Thanks then and now.

p

• Enscape will only use one GPU as far as I am aware still?

• As long as i have your ear, i am wondering if a function to handle the manual process of running scene to scene videos would be tough to add?

Here is the scenario.

I have 25 scenes in sketchup that takes me on a path around my building. I am now creating a video with enscape manualy by

1. got to scene 1, navigate to "set start position"

2. go to scene 2, navigate to "set stop position"

3. navigate to create video

4. tell enscape where to save the file

5. wait about 5 minutes while the video is created.

6. Repeat that process 24 more times to create 25 separate videos in which i will then stitch together.

Even if a feature was added that was not a true key frame tool, but just ran straight line videos in sequence based on scene order, that would free up the operator to walk away while it did its thing.

• Hi pmolson we have this topic already on our agenda for our next upcoming version 2.1.

But so far we don't have a fixed release date for it.

• The real Big win of this app is making render time zero. This can be fully realised only if users can leverage this feature by a capability to create a "walk-through video" through a pre-defined path. While a complete baked model through which you can navigate to any corner is great, it will still need a person to navigate and present. It is still a hassle for senior leadership who would just like to go through a video, whom we can't expect to learn how to navigate (walk/ fly etc). This requirement will be inevitable in many scenarios. So if the USP of this app is to make is easy - It should have a robust walkthrough path creation and a great video export feature to standard aspect ratio's & encoding etc.

Make it fast Team :)

• Koti thank you for your feedback. We have an enhanced video functionality on our agenda which also includes walkthough recording.

• We are currently testing this process in our office about 200 people and are really wanting to make a commitment to this product. Can anyone give me a time frame on when the walk through update might be added in the program? I understand that we can take a series of point a to point b videos and string them together, but that takes too much time and when we need a quick turn around, its something we just dont want to do, but if Enscape had this feature, we would without a doubt by full licenses for this product. Any information would be great.

Thanks.

• Hi Ben W , I cannot give you an exact time frame but as we are working on it, we should be able to deliver a solution soon.

• Your standalone walkthrough exporting file is fantastic, but some customer wants my client to create a showcase video. Their pc is not supported 64 bit, that's why they can't open .exe file.

I create some scene in SketchUp for make animation. When using Enscape, I synchronize view but your plugin can only make two scenes for setting position. This video is short and can't combine multi video.

I think your client need update some features like:

- Synchronize multi scenes in Sketchup to create multi position for making video. ( can reorder position)

- Preview video feature can save multi-setting or camera path to create a batch-mode render. (I don't want to wait for processing video and set-up next video after finishing,...)

- A list-box for manage video (like panorama video feature) for combining or splitting video.