glass errors

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • GD3Design I know it's a pain in the neck, but yes, just go into the device manager and disable all but one graphic card.

I know it's a stretch, but have you tried the driver 419.17?

We are working hard to pinpoint this issue, but it appears to be either a genuine driver bug or a really weird circumstance.

• Update:

Digging through projects I noticed the glass artifact problem started for me somewhere between January 25 and 30th.

While troubleshooting, I tried combinations of old drivers & Enscape versions (going back to November) along with the lastest versions. old/new, new/old, old/old, new/new. None of those combos fixed the problem.

Disabling one of my GPU's so I was only running a single RTX 2080 fixed the glass artifact problem for me.

Something interesting that could possibly help the devs: while reviewing log files, I did notice a several windows updates on January 28th. Have you looked into the possibility that windows broke something? (we all know how much windows updates tend to 'help' things) ;)

Screenshot of windows updates that coincide with when the glass problems started on my machine:

• I have not updated my system to the version 1803 because of the rumors that say yet it was full of problems.
    But I still have your exact problems with glass.

• Official Post

To sum it up, addressed to anyone which (still) experiences this issue, it seems that it occurs (at least in most cases) on systems with SLI setup. Some have reported it is solved if you connect all the monitors with the same graphics card or that it only occurs when Enscape starts on a particular monitor. Others said that they had to disable a graphics card in the driver completely.

happymilk , I'll also send you a dedicated "special release" of Enscape via private message, which was specifically designed to help with troubleshooting the cause behind this issue. Further details regarding how you could kindly help us with this case in said PM.

Pieter , any news? :)

• @Demian

We only have one person who's seeing this issue (he's the only one with multiple gpu's). He only has one monitor. He's very hesitant to disable GPU's as he's afraid it might 'mess up his settings'.

Is there any other way we could help you troubleshoot this issue without disabling gpu's? We'd be happy to install that 'special release' if it would help you troubleshoot.

• Official Post

@Demian

We only have one person who's seeing this issue (he's the only one with multiple gpu's). He only has one monitor. He's very hesitant to disable GPU's as he's afraid it might 'mess up his settings'.

Is there any other way we could help you troubleshoot this issue without disabling gpu's? We'd be happy to install that 'special release' if it would help you troubleshoot.

Perfect, I'll send you a link and description for the special version! Very kind of you and thanks for your cooperation!

• Now that I'm generating my videos again, I'm finding there were other errors that were present when I rendered with the dual card setup. For example, seems like there is a simple lighting solution getting generated at the same time as the HQ setting, so I was getting simplified lighting overlaid on the high quality version. I'll set up a side-by-side video when I have a chance to demonstrate these issues. Seems like this is not a simple fix, so I'll just have to stick to single card rendering for the foreseeable future.

• I just got this today for the first time! :) (black squares on glass in captured views).

I'm running a single GTX 970 with Rhino 5. Updated drivers to 419.17 maybe 3 or 4 days ago and updated to Enscape 2.4.2.2392-gfc7eee1 (build number 2.4.19053.1550).

I did have two copies of Rhino 5 open for a bit while doing the first round of captures. Noticed the black squares... scratched my head for a bit... closed both Rhino sessions. Re-opened one, restarted Enscape, re-did the captures and *most* of the squares went away. Of 8 captures that each had loads of black squares, now 2 of them have very minor light gray squares. Attaching an example of one of them with light gray squares circled.

One thing I noticed when doing the first round of captures (that had black squares in glass), was that after I clicked the capture button and then alt-tabbed over to Enscape window, I could watch the rendering progress (only a few seconds but still you can see some action!) and could see black squares popping in and out of view. In the second round (that led to just a few light gray squares) I could see things "dancing" around a bit but no black squares. Things were still happening in those squares: subtle shifts of color and shading, but never to black.

I thought maybe there were duplicate glass objects on top of each other, or normals pointing the wrong direction: checked both and found no obvious model problems. All the normals for all glass objects are pointing the same direction (outwards). I'm using solid objects for the glass, not single plane surfaces, if that makes any difference.

• Official Post

Good news on that matter - we've in fact made progress tracking down the issue with the help from some of you guys. So first of all: Thank you all for your continued dedication to helping us to improve Enscape :thumbup:We'll probably release a Preview build in the next couple of days that'll contain the fix, which you can then all validate for yourself :)

• just my five cent, the artifacts only happen with MULTIPLE CARDS active, and only when I have a water element (anywhere) in the model. As soon as I hide it the artifacts are gone (also with multiple cards).

Win10

GTX 1070 (multiple cards)

nvidia driver 390.77

Enscape version 2.2.2.703

This is for both Rhino 5 and Revit 2017 the case.

When only one card is active the artifacts are gone...

hope this helps

• Our latest Preview version (2.4.2.2657-g263c05c) released today should resolve that issue! Looking forward to your feedback! :)

THANK YOU!!! It is working correctly for me using dual graphic cards now. Thanks also for the new switch for adjusting total movie length, I was just thinking about this in the past day or two, and it's a very welcome feature.