Laptop

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi, Looking to invest a new laptop that can run Revit / Enscape, but don't want a gaming laptop (and touchscreen with a pen for mark-ups would also be handy), currently considering this as an option:

HP Spectre x360 2019 Edition 15-df0002na 4K Convertible Laptop with 3 Year Care Pack

Crafted to transform the way you create, our most powerful Spectre yet fuses impeccable craftsmanship with untouchable performance, power, and speed. Edit 4K vi...

• Windows 10 Home 64
    • Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (2.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, 6 cores)
    • 39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™
    • 16 GB memory; 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD storage
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5); Active Pen Included; Faster 2x2 Wi-Fi®; Windows Hello ready webcam; HP Fast Charge; Bang & Olufsen Quad-Speakers; 2 x USB-C™ Thunderbolt™ ports

Would like to know if anyone is (or has been) using one of these to run Revit / Enscape and how its performed, any feedback / comments would be most appreciated.

• Official Post

Hey Trav72 , thanks a lot for your post.

I can tell you, that this would be a good laptop to be used with Enscape. The GTX 1050 Ti should generally allow you to run Enscape fluently without any performance issue. If you're using rather large or heavily detailed projects, you can always lower the "Rendering Quality" in the Enscape Settings accordingly to help maintain that fluidity.

Also, in case you want to run Enscape VR, I'd recommend at least a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 Ti, if you're not going to use VR, then you can feel free to purchase this particular model. ;)

• Thanks for the feedback, not planning on running VR from this. Looks like quite a good option as it seems a fairly versatile machine (and hp build quality is usually pretty good). will be interesting to see if anyone else is running Revit on it (or a similar spec machine).

• i also am in the market for a nice laptop to use with revit and enscape. I will be using an HTC VIVE for VR. My budget is just under $5000 so I am sure there are a ton of possibilities. Should I go with a VR gaming laptop with a gtx 1080 from a company like alienware or go with a BIMBOX using that same video card? any recommendations or links would be appreciated. thanks