2080ti Making Buzzing Noise with Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Has anyone else experienced this issue with their new 2080ti? Whenever you move the mouse in the Enscape view (ie. look around), the gpu make a very audible buzzing noise. This only happens when the camera is moving - the instant you stop, the sound stops. I'm almost certain it's coil whine, which is a known issue that some graphics cards have, but the manufacturer sent a replacement card, and it makes exactly the same noise! (We even tried multiple towers to be sure it wasn't just the power supply). It's crazy to think that all 2080tis might have this issue, can anyone else concur? Mine is a stock nvidia card, not one of the 3rd party vendor versions from EVGA etc. so perhaps those don't have the same problem. I'd love to find out though before trying to swap it out with another card.

• Are you hearing the sound from ambiance or sound output. It is not entirely uncommon to have electrical cross-talk between the sound card (or PC speaker) and the graphics card. This should be minor but can be noticeable. The reason why you only hear it when you move the camera is because, "in rest" Enscape does very little and runs efficiently, thus producing less electrical noise.

• It's not related to the speakers unfortunately - definitely the graphics card making the noise. Enscape is obviously taxing the cards to their limit. I've yet to experiment with manually capping the frame rate to see if that helps. I realize it's likely not an issue with the functioning of the card itself - just an annoyance, but a major one at that!

Does no one else here own a 2080ti?

• I've got one and yes there is fan noise related to the card. To me its not that objectionable - (its like a hard disk seeking noise in a hard search), and yes it does occur with Enscape. Note it also occurs when in 3dsMax using Vray Gpu. This is the EVGA card.

• Interesting, and it makes the buzzing noise only when you move the mouse or keyboard to navigate through the scene, going silent as soon as the camera stops? (switching to VR mode will actually cause the buzzing to be continuous). My old 1080ti didn't make any noise other than the fans kicking in, so this certainly puts a damper on things. Sounds like it could be a problem with all the new cards though - tisk tisk nvidia.

Coil Whine: https://forums.evga.com/RTX-2080-coil-whine-m2863038-p3.aspx

• Hi..the fans stay off, after they stopped spinning, but they behave weird when they turn on again.

The fans accelerate and stop up to twelve or even fifteen times before they reach their final speed.

It sounds like "click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom, click, vroom..."

That's totally annoying.

The fans are pretty loud in general but this strange behaviour is the reason I'm going to sell my 2080 Ti Gaming as soon as another card is in stock.

pcb assembly usa

• Hello DotTumin,

welcome to the Forums.

There are many reasons why a graphic card can behave weirdly. Enscape only "uses" the card the rest is hardware and drivers taking over. Do you have a dedicated fan control software for your card? This kind of software tends to be optimized for games and not work well with Enscape. Alternatively something on the card could be broken or stuck. The clicking sound is really suspicious.

Enscape has little control over the fan speed.

• Hello

When I use the software, this problem occurs when I move the mouse in the software environment.

I have tested this with 1060 and RTX 3070 graphics cards. The results were the same.

I request the support team to solve this problem in the next updates.

• Official Post

Hello

When I use the software, this problem occurs when I move the mouse in the software environment.

I have tested this with 1060 and RTX 3070 graphics cards. The results were the same.

I request the support team to solve this problem in the next updates.

This is very likely not related to Enscape. Anytime when trying something GPU intensive it can give off this "coil-whine" sound if that is what you are hearing. Of course, it may also be the fan itself making more noise than usual once you start to navigate around, but that isn't something we can control or "fix". Let me know if you have any other thoughts or input regarding this.

• Has anyone else experienced this issue with their new 2080ti? Whenever you move the mouse in the Enscape view (ie. look around), the gpu make a very audible buzzing noise. This only happens when the camera is moving - the instant you stop, the sound stops. I'm almost certain it's coil whine, which is a known issue that some graphics cards have, but the manufacturer sent a replacement card, and it makes exactly the same noise! (We even tried multiple towers to be sure it wasn't just the power supply). It's crazy to think that all 2080tis might have this issue, can anyone else concur? Mine is a stock nvidia card, not one of the 3rd party vendor versions from EVGA etc. so perhaps those don't have the same problem. I'd love to find out though before trying to swap it out with another card.

i had my new 4070 last week and now i ve the same issue like you. My old gpu 3060 doesnt have this issue. Did you find how to fix this issue yet?

• Official Post

i had my new 4070 last week and now i ve the same issue like you. My old gpu 3060 doesnt have this issue. Did you find how to fix this issue yet?

As per our other posts it is very unlikely that this is caused by Enscape itself, so feel free to try other performance heavy games/applications to see if this persists throughout.

In this case it also depends on whether or not you're hearing coil whine or the fans themselves, though usually with modern GPU's like the 4070 the fan noise should be relatively low.

Just if this may really only occur when making use of Enscape feel free to get back to me, also letting us know more about the graphics card, from which manufacturer it's produced and ideally the exact model name for us to look into.

• tuantran123455 What you are hearing is coil whine. It has been notoriously bad for all 4000' series cards and happens when you full throttle your GPU. Your two options are to mess with the voltage of your GPU using a program like MSI afterburner, or wait and hope that Enscape optimizes their program so it puts less stress on your GPU. Every card has coil whine, some are just worse then others and it shouldn't affect your card negatively. Most GPU suppliers wont accept coil whine as a reason to replace the card.