Dinosaur!

• Hi All :-)

I wanted to play with a couple of different tools, and created this scene with a dino model i found online :-) It is converted to Sketchup with the new Transmutr plugin, and it works great!! the textures a(especially on the ground) is made with the new Quixel Mixer, and it plays perfectly with Enscapes new support for 8k textures!... the surface is modelled completely flat, so its all textures :-)

I hope you like it! :-)

• Fun stuff! :) You could try to give those spikes on the back a vegetation type material so they might show some translucency. With our upcoming Preview you'll also be able to give that eye material some additional shine...like a clear coat on top *hinthint* ;)

Some translucency (sub surface scattering in the future? ;) ) would indeed look cool! Unfortunately the model is uv mapped in a few large chunks, so its not so straight forward to change material type on the spikes alone... unless i spend a lot more time ;-)

I'm really looking forward to the next preview with the coating option! are there any plans to support displacement in the future? it could be awesome with the quixel megascans for example!

Amazing! Looks very nice! 8)

thanks ;-)

• Herbo looks awesome!!

How you downloaded the Transmutr plugin? Looks like the website is not accepting new downloads and subscriptions. I really need to export some blocks from max to sketchup. Thanks

It is still in Beta. I was lucky/fast enough to get one of the 100 early access licenses :-) It should soon be available in an official release.

Until then, you could also take a look at Simlap Composer. It can read almost any format (more than transmutr), and can convert them to sketchup. It is not as straight forward as transmutr, but i works, and i've used it alot.

• It is still in Beta. I was lucky/fast enough to get one of the 100 early access licenses :-) It should soon be available in an official release.

Until then, you could also take a look at Simlap Composer. It can read almost any format (more than transmutr), and can convert them to sketchup. It is not as straight forward as transmutr, but i works, and i've used it alot.

Great work! When you say Simlab Composer are you talking about the Pro version 9? Or do you use an old version of simlab? Because the Free Composer 9 does not support Direct export :p

• Great work! When you say Simlab Composer are you talking about the Pro version 9? Or do you use an old version of simlab? Because the Free Composer 9 does not support Direct export :p

i'm using the older Simlab composer 8, and I did spend some money on it, back when i bought it :-) cant remember how much...