Some tips regarding materials in AC

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello, everyone.

I attempted to make a somewhat more detailed exterior rendering in Enscape. I have the following suggestions:

1. Use HDRs. They work great with Enscape.

2. Tweak the HDRs until the lighting of the sky looks credible.

3. Change all the plaster materials to about 15-30% grey. This is the white we see everyday.

4. Change all your complex textures in Photoshop (concrete, stone, etc) and make sure you do not step out of the line with the gradations.

5. Create an Archicad template with all your tweaked materials basic materials.

6. Wait patiently for the Enscape's material editor and then forget my tips.

7. Use complex profiles, articulations and small seams/gaps between materials. Enscape's lighting works really good with them.

Bugs:

I have never achieved to change the texture mapping orientation in Enscape (in order to show as in does in Archicad).

Feel free to C&C.

Cheers!

• Hi - maybe due to my lack of English I don't really grasp exactly what you recommend here ;) especially:

#4 - "change all your complex textures in Photoshop ... you do not step out of the line with the gradations"
    #6 "...forget my tips"

• Hi - maybe due to my lack of English I don't really grasp exactly what you recommend here ;) especially:

#4 - "change all your complex textures in Photoshop ... you do not step out of the line with the gradations"
    #6 "...forget my tips"

Hi, Egie.

English is not my mother tongue either. I will try to explain a bit

4. Some of the textures I used were not the default ones from Archicad. Take the facade tiles for example. I added the texture in Archicad, but Enscape made the texture look to dark. So I had to adjust the levels of the texture in Photoshop. I basically brightened it. Most of the textures have to be adjusted (brightened from what I've seen) in Photoshop.

6. I tried to suggest you forget all my tips as soon as Enscape comes up with a material editor for Archicad.