Perspective light source

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • I've spent a while tweaking a lighting setting that "just works" without having to adjust sun position. A light source from the perspective of the viewer though, would solve many of my issues. Basically, if we could just say, "pretend I have a high powered flashlight facing the direction I'm looking" and we could adjust the lighting setting on that flashlight, that would be very useful for my use case. I don't use SketchUp for architecture, I use it for event layouts and renderings. So I want to make sure the creative used at the event is very visible, regardless of sun position, and I don't want to spend a lot of time fiddling with lighting for a "perfect" render, since I'm simulating a temporary event, not a permanent building. I know that makes my use case a minority use case, but I think some would still find it helpful. Basically, if I have a poster on a wall and I'm looking at that wall, I want to make sure it's very easy to read that poster.

• I'm a friend of flash lights too. It's not so beauty like a well arranged light setup, but it add a lot of realism. So, a flash light option at the general options could be a nice addition. It could be used as fill light too and so it could be used to add some imperfection of reality. Here an old example at this post:

Simple, but power full - turn table output wanted

An other cool way for quick lighting would be a classic 3-light setup aligned to the camera - light warm main light from left above, light cold fill light from right and neutral key light from behind.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your feedback amarr and Micha , I've created a corresponding feature request for this topic and added your feedback to it! :)