Post Processing

• Hey yall,

I'd love to see more post-processing controls added to Settings. Specifically, hue/sat controls for specific colors, similar to Photoshop. A big problem with using HDRI's is the outrageous color-bleed...and using lawn/grass textures. It'd be a big help to be able to bring down the greens & yellows in Setting then be able 'point & click' with having to post-process the set in Photoshop. (of course, other controls like color balance, etc would be great, too. Nice not having to bring everything you do into PS or Lightroom before sending out...)

cheers!

GD

• Hey yall,

I'd love to see more post-processing controls added to Settings. Specifically, hue/sat controls for specific colors, similar to Photoshop. A big problem with using HDRI's is the outrageous color-bleed...and using lawn/grass textures. It'd be a big help to be able to bring down the greens & yellows in Setting then be able 'point & click' with having to post-process the set in Photoshop. (of course, other controls like color balance, etc would be great, too. Nice not having to bring everything you do into PS or Lightroom before sending out...)

cheers!

GD

Hey GD3Design , thanks a lot for your feedback.

I suppose, you've already tried the Saturation slider in the Image settings? If so, and this isn't sufficient in your case, let me know and I'll file a feature request accordingly to allow you to specifically control the hue/sat for only specific colors.

Also, there is a feature request on our agenda to allow you to control the color bleed saturation of GI in general, I've happily added a upvote to that topic through your voice, maybe this would also be even more helpful to you? :)

RemcoNL , your voice also added a further upvote to the corresponding feature request just mentioned, Micha , your voice has already been taken into account. :)

• One feature that would help with color bleed is maybe creating a GI override in your textures. This way users can check on a color swatch that would generate the gi based on the color of the swatch vs the actual texture. In Vray, it's called a vrayoverride mtl. One slot for texture map and one slot for color or texture to generate gi contribution. @GD3 Never ran into color bleed because of an hdri...got an example?

• One feature that would help with color bleed is maybe creating a GI override in your textures. This way users can check on a color swatch that would generate the gi based on the color of the swatch vs the actual texture. In Vray, it's called a vrayoverride mtl. One slot for texture map and one slot for color or texture to generate gi contribution. @GD3 Never ran into color bleed because of an hdri...got an example?

Other than the saturation slider in the settings, you can adjust the saturation from the texture dialogue in SU by adjusting the settings from the edit section of the materials dialogue. You can also apply an overlay colour to the Albedo through the Enscape Materials dialogue. (And/or in worst case scenario you could just edit the underlying albedo image)

If the colour is correct within the Enscape window, does it matter what it looks like within the native application?

• Like the very top "Saturation" slider from the Image tab in Settings ?

Not at all like that. (for example, you may have colors you want keep vibrant while saturating others. While a global desaturation only takes the whole picture to black & white.)

@GD3 Never ran into color bleed because of an hdri...got an example?

Set up a scene, maybe a modern white-out kitchen, then toggle the forest background on and off. You'll see the everything takes on a nice babyshit-green/yellow.

Hey GD3Design , thanks a lot for your feedback.

I suppose, you've already tried the Saturation slider in the Image settings? If so, and this isn't sufficient in your case, let me know and I'll file a feature request accordingly to allow you to specifically control the hue/sat for only specific colors.

Also, there is a feature request on our agenda to allow you to control the color bleed saturation of GI in general, I've happily added a upvote to that topic through your voice, maybe this would also be even more helpful to you? :)

Yes, as I said in my original post, 'saturation controls for individual colors, similar to Photoshop'.:thumbup:

A separate control for GI Saturation would be helpful, as well. ( Micha : I really miss the GI Saturation setting in vray, too!):thumbup:

I like being able to shoot a set of shots straight from Enscape and be done without having to open in Lightroom to adjust and export before sending to client. Being able to fine tune saturation in Enscape would be a huge time saver for me. :thumbsup:

Thanks yall, cheers!

• Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys, I've added more up-votes to the topic to let you control the GI color bleed saturation corresponding to your voices accordingly.

Also, GD3Design , I've filed a further feature request to allow you to have saturation controls for individual colors. :)

Finally, as a general tip for everyone, you can always reduce the intensity of GI by setting the Rendering Quality to Medium, or disable GI completely by using Draft instead.

• I never use the preset backgrounds...don't like them. I rather use the hdri for my backgrounds.

May I kindly ask why not? :) What would you like to see improved/added/adjusted when it comes to our horizon presets? Also, our latest preview offers a new "Mountains" Preset, maybe you'd like to check it out. Thanks in advance for any further feedback!

• Also, sometimes we have a scene that has no natural light, and we also have no time to add artificial lights.

We still like to render it on ultra quality (using auto exposure) to have better shadow definition, reflection etc, but the color bleed gets really bad in a scenario like that.