Lock Rendering Window to Custom Resolution Aspect Ratio

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I'd like to have the ability to have the rendering window's aspect ratio be locked to the aspect ratio of the Resolution set in the Capture tab. This could be a check box on Capture tab. This would help in framing out the view in the rendering window so that the captured "rendered view" would match the extents of what you see in the live rendering window.

• Good news, not entirely what you want but close. The 2.5 will have the feature to show a "safe frame" before capturing. That will be the correct aspect ratio of your capture. This should allow you to perfectly frame your shot.

• Official Post

VStudio and EGIE , thanks, I can gladly file that as a feature request. ;) Generally, what would be the advantage of that to you?

• VStudio and EGIE , thanks, I can gladly file that as a feature request. ;) Generally, what would be the advantage of that to you?

+1 for showing the safe frame or locking the window to the aspect ratio of the export. Demian Gutberlet it is an advatage because it it important to know exactly what will be in the frame of the rendering as i'm working, not just when i am exporting. I realize there is the option of seeing the safe frame when taking a screenshot or rendering the image. This is great, but agian i believe it is much better to have the option to lock the aspect ratio of the enscape window or always show the safe frame to match the export aspect ratio.

• Official Post

+1 for showing the safe frame or locking the window to the aspect ratio of the export. Demian Gutberlet it is an advatage because it it important to know exactly what will be in the frame of the rendering as i'm working, not just when i am exporting. I realize there is the option of seeing the safe frame when taking a screenshot or rendering the image. This is great, but agian i believe it is much better to have the option to lock the aspect ratio of the enscape window or always show the safe frame to match the export aspect ratio.

I agree, thanks so much for your feedback, I'll gladly forward your upvote to the request and bring this up alongside other popular requests in our next developer meeting. :thumbup: