Question about outlines

• Hey Bogdan , just to make sure, you'd like to see the model lines in form of outlines? This hasn't been implemented yet, but if this is what you'd like to have in Enscape, let me know and I'll upvote the corresponding topic on our agenda. :)

• Hi Demian Gutberlet ,

Well some model lines are visible and others are not and this depends on the angle between faces. If the angle is sharp they show. If the angle is close to 180 they don't. Am I correct?

That is correct. As you said, once the angle is close to 180 degrees, then no outlines will be displayed. May I ask what your use case would be regarding this subject? :)

• This is useful in architecture when some slight changes in facade angles, for example, are important for our design. So when we do a mass study, eye level, or diagrams, we lose these edges.

But recently for these purposes I replaced Enscape with Rhino6 Arctic display mode, which shows all edges.

Still i would like to have it in enscape as well.

• Bogdan Maybe at Rhino it could help to unweld/weld for a specific angle. I didn't test it. Also you could try to explode your meshes after unweld/weld. Maybe Enscape create outlines of separate mesh objects.

General it could be nice to get an angle option for adjusting the Enscape outline creation sensibility. I used this kind of option at other render engines.

• Ah, ok, your screenshot was looking like you talk about a mesh object. I didn't expect non coplanar NURBS surfaces at the top side of your model. Are the non coplanar surfaces needed or are they caused by imperfect modelling? I would expect, if surfaces are modeled with a light angle that the break between is needed and should be shown. Looks like a difficult case if no tolerance angle can be defined.

• This is useful in architecture when some slight changes in facade angles, for example, are important for our design. So when we do a mass study, eye level, or diagrams, we lose these edges.

But recently for these purposes I replaced Enscape with Rhino6 Arctic display mode, which shows all edges.

Still i would like to have it in enscape as well.

Added your vote and feedback. Thanks Bogdan !