Is there a way to know who is using the floating licenses ?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

We have 2 floating licences in our company, and when both are used I would like to know who is using them. It is possible to tell ? By using the name of the PC, or mac adress or something ?

Thank you.

• Official Post

JSANDERS , once a corresponding Enscape subscription has been purchased, you'll receive an invitation link via the e-mail used to acquire Enscape, to sign up to a dedicated Enscape account which can be used to change your payment method, view invoices etc. and to also check usage if you own a floating license. :)

You can either check the e-mail mailbox of the address which has been used to purchase Enscape for said invitation e-mail, otherwise, you can also send me the e-mail via PM and I'll make sure it's getting linked accordingly so that you can sign in and view the floating license usage / mange your subscription(s).

• Hello Demian Gutberlet

Thanks for the reply but I don't really understand it and it doesn't seem to answer my question. We have 2 floating licences on maybe 10-15 different computers, all registered under the same license key that is on my email adress. What I would like to know is when a computer opens up this license, if there's a window that can show which computer is using the slots. Hope that makes it clearer.

• Official Post

JSANDERS , my apologies for any confusion caused by my last reply. :)

Allow me to re-elaborate. You have a dedicated Enscape account, linked to your e-mail address. This account is there to view invoices, manage subscriptions and also check floating license usage.

Feel free to log into your account here:

http://my.enscape3d.com

You can also simply click "Reset Password" on that page if you don't know it anymore.

Afterward, go to "SUBSCRIPTIONS" (in the dropdown menu which opens after hovering over your username on the top right) and click "Stats" on the License of yours, and the following window will open:

Username, CAD Account have been blacked out due to privacy reasons. :)

I hope this clears things up; Again, feel free to check it out yourself, and let me know in case you'd like to see something else implemented alongside to help you view your license usage!

• I'm here asking the same as the OP, and whilst your replies add some clarity Demian, I fear it's not what jsanders and I are looking for.

Think how when you attempt to open an .xls currently opened by someone else a pop-up reports, immediately, "person x has this file open"... it is exceptionally useful, (but not great for multiple-but-limited-number-of-shared-seats scenarios)

Next, think about how you (a user) can query in some software, like V-Ray's Swarm, to see which licenses (nodes) are in active use = really really helpful.

Essentially, our users don't have (and won't get) access to our client portal account - so can't query the license server functions mentioned.

An in-app button to "call" the license pool and locate the current user(s) of the license(s) would be wonderful* - because even with an in-office IMS, sending round "who has Enscape open? can I get it please" quickly gets boring (to those who don't Enscape)

*returning the username would be best, PC next, IP worst