Cloudy day rendering exercise

• Prima! Prima! Prima! - again !! :thumbup::thumbup:<3
    This is just perfect - for example because without the overload of unnecessary model content. And as always - these AO renderings are so good as well!
    And these few details are perfectly staged also :thumbsup:
    You manage to make the floor shine completely :thumbup:, although there are spots which shine so much more like being wet. I know how to use a Refection Map, but then all unmapped areas remain matt without any shine. Please please please - explain to me how you manage that :)

• Prima! Prima! Prima! - again !! :thumbup::thumbup:<3
    This is just perfect - for example because without the overload of unnecessary model content. And as always - these AO renderings are so good as well!
    And these few details are perfectly staged also :thumbsup:
    You manage to make the floor shine completely :thumbup:, although there are spots which shine so much more like being wet. I know how to use a Refection Map, but then all unmapped areas remain matt without any shine. Please please please - explain to me how you manage that :)

• :thumbsup: thank you so much for these details - if I understand it correctly, it is only the Roughness Map which generates the shine entirely according to its own transparency values? - but not the Albedo anymore ...

• Notice in the first render image there is a lightness shining from under the chair? - this is absent from the 'model' images. Any dense geometry like smooth chairs, fabric, cars.... is intensive for Enscape to work out where the shadows fall for each little surface; so it cheats. And as a result you sometimes find that they don't cast shadows on the ground beneath them.

To fix this, draw a simple rectangle (or similar form-fitting shape) at the base of the component, hidden within the geometry: Enscape will see this and throw a proper shadow from it, making the ground dark again.