Rotate Objecst From The Asset Library

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • We need the ability to rotate the asset library objects in the Z direction, we can rotate them in plan but i need to be able to rotate to match a sloping ground (ie cars in a sloping driveway)

I can add the rotate code very easily to the GDL object and the low poly object will rotate but it has no effect on the high poly model rendered in enscape

Can you please allow us this ability as all of the car objects are useless to me without this functionally

• Nuge, Tikos, Zenoardelean - This can only be done in plan view at present.

After talking with the developers about this, it appears that this may be problematic to implement, or at least require quiet some effort.

I have, however added this as a feature request to our developer agenda.

• Nuge, Tikos, Zenoardelean - This can only be done in plan view at present.

After talking with the developers about this, it appears that this may be problematic to implement, or at least require quiet some effort.

I have, however added this as a feature request to our developer agenda.

I agree this rotate functionality is really important when placing cars.

From a parameters perspective I would assume Enscape currently has to injest the following values to be able to place a proxy object correctly within the virtual space:

the proxy asset ID,

the rotation value in plan,

the elevation.

So I struggle to understand why the addition of 2 more rotation parameters would be 'problematic to implement'

Maybe just indicate what you want us to label the additional rotation parameters as and we can add them to the GDL parameters of the asset generated archicad object. If Enscape can read these parameters and apply them to the proxy then problem solved!

I do have a suspicion however, that the reading of the asset ID is just based on Enscape just reading the last parameter in the parameter list as opposed to actually searching for the 'enscapeAssetid' parameter and reading that. The 'enscapeAssetid' still needs to be there for the proxy to work but the actual ID parameter can be labelled as anything as long as its at the bottom of the list??

So maybe a bit more development could be spent on extracting specific parameters based on the variable name which would allow the additional rotation values to be extracted and read by enscape.....maybe this specific parameter reading could pave the way for other proxy values (like sound) to be extracted from GDL parameters, allowing us to code our own objects with a proxy sound included??

Sound proxies in archicad would be awesome. They make VR so much more immersive.

Thanks

• Gavin Pendergrast - unfortunately this is not as simple to implement as you make it out to be, and if it was there would be no reason for us not to have already implemented it.

We have implemented rotation in the three other CAD's that we support, which I realize is of no help to you here, other than to point out that we understand this functionality is required generally, but it was straight forward implementation in the other CAD's, whereas how ArchiCAD functions makes the implementation of this much harder.

I did discuss this further with the developer, and they are looking into it. They will evaluate to see what kind of effort will be involved and then schedule it in. So there is no quick fix in regards to this at present, I am sorry to have to inform you, but we are aware of requirement to have this functionality.

• Thanks Pete. I really do hate the fact that Archicad is so old & restricted. it does the 2D documentation side well so its good to use for drawing plans but it stuck in the dark ages when it comes to being open to developments like Enscape. They are still promoting the Cinerender engine as there render system in archicad when Enscape, and others, have far out developed that engine and don't get me started on model collaboration tools!

Anyway thanks for talking to your developers about it and if there is anything we can help you with in this development process then please let me know. Like I said the ability for enscape to read the values of specific parameters within an object in the scene would be the key to injecting the values needed into the Enscape engine.

• We need the ability to rotate the asset library objects in the Z direction, we can rotate them in plan but i need to be able to rotate to match a sloping ground (ie cars in a sloping driveway)

I can add the rotate code very easily to the GDL object and the low poly object will rotate but it has no effect on the high poly model rendered in enscape

Can you please allow us this ability as all of the car objects are useless to me without this functionally

Totally agree, scalibility needs to be resolved as well.

• Official Post

At the moment it is not possible to tilt or scale our Assets in ArchiCAD - but I'll forward this as further feedback once more so that our developers are aware of the demand for this.

• Official Post

Enscape es un gran software, pero debe adaptarse a los diferentes entornos para ser competitivo y funcional. La conexión con Archicad es muy mala. Es muy difícil incluso seleccionar un objeto de Enscape. Esto debe mejorarse rápidamente.

Hi! Please kindly make use of google translate for example, so that everyone can read right off the bat what you're writing. :)

You mentioned that it's "It is very difficult to even select an Enscape object. This needs to be improved quickly." can you perhaps describe that issue in a bit more detail so I can forward it as feedback? Thanks a lot in advance for taking the time to clarify.

• Hi! Please kindly make use of google translate for example, so that everyone can read right off the bat what you're writing. :)

You mentioned that it's "It is very difficult to even select an Enscape object. This needs to be improved quickly." can you perhaps describe that issue in a bit more detail so I can forward it as feedback? Thanks a lot in advance for taking the time to clarify.

I think he meant it: Asset Library in AC

• Official Post

I understand. Thank you for the further feedback and upvote from you as well Mauricio S. !

• Official Post

Hi everyone,

This feature is absolutely needed (for placing cars or any other assets on a slope, as already mentioned).
    + scalability as in SketchUp indeed

Please keep us in your thoughts :'D

+100

Thank you - your upvotes have been forwarded!