Colonial Farmhouse

• Hello all,

Here is a small project our firm did for a client, converting a ranch home into a 2-story colonial which is becoming quite the real estate trend here in the states. The architectural modeling was done in Revit by Roman Zawojski and exported to .dwg so that I could import it to SketchUp to work on the interior design and overall site. Being able to use the warehouse and materialize everything quickly gives us max flexibility to turn the project into its full realization within an 8-hour work day.

Enjoy!

Steven Garubba

DeGraw & DeHaan Architects

• I'm impressed with the quality you get and curious how you managed to get the tracks in white with the "Section Plane"

Thanks! This was actually done in post process with photoshop's polygon lasso tool. But, I would love to see a section plane/fill feature be implemented in Enscape like it is in SketchUp.

• Thanks! This was actually done in post process with photoshop's polygon lasso tool. But, I would love to see a section plane/fill feature be implemented in Enscape like it is in SketchUp.

I figured I'd have some help from some outside tool. Do you use internal lighting to soften the shadows? In my renders, there is a hardening of the projected leftovers.

• If you use a section plane in SU, you can r-click and "Create group from section" - this will create a group that's really hard to select, so as soon as it's created hit [M] and move it (eg) up 10000 so that you can edit it and move it back again.

Then if you go into that group add in a rectangle to make a surface, then explode, explode, explode... and get rid of the internal bits you should be left with a solid surface for your sections. Technically you could then offset the shape inside and fill with two different colours to get the result shown above.

Then you move it back to just below the section plane and activate the section you will get solid bits:

(This one I just left as 'default' rather than colour it in)

• I figured I'd have some help from some outside tool. Do you use internal lighting to soften the shadows? In my renders, there is a hardening of the projected leftovers.

Yeah I believe I used a couple of spotlights for the ceiling canned lighting which carry over even when cutting it out with the section plane so that usually helps keep the interior lit up when doing a shot like this.

Oh good call, I totally forgot about this method. Thanks for the explanation!

• bryn.railton , you can use the following material settings I've defined as reference:

This should already give you a nice output, but don't hesitate to also play around with the material settings yourself until the material fits your preferences (in this case mostly Glossiness and maybe image fade). You can gladly check out our dedicated Revit materials knowledgebase article here, to find out what the Revit material Appearance tab settings do in Enscape itself.

Let me know in case something is not entirely clear to you!

• very nice.. The outside needs some more details to stand out..it is to flat..needs down pipes for example.

Interior is impressive.. real nice textures.

Only the rug at the high chairs looks funny.