Lighting disappears at heights above 60'

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I am trying to show how lighting from 100 ft poles will look at a large compost facility.

Are there any other tips for getting the light to cast farther out besides drastically increasing the lumen setting because this doesn't seem to change the cast radius.

I've played around with the height of the light source and as soon as I go above 60' the lighting completely disappears from the terrain. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

drobbins13 , due to the nature of real-time rendering, there are limits to both the light radius and distance (for every light sources), otherwise they would not be real-time capable at all. As hardware gets better and better, we can definitely consider raising that limit, but right now, there is no workaround I'm afraid.

• Official Post

You could scale everything down by 50% - that would effectively double the light throw, but would make the movement and 'walk-through' super-sensitive.

I considered suggesting this, but yeah, everything won't be true-to-life scale anymore. Maybe it could still be useful when just doing renderings - you can also always decrease movement speed in the input tab of our Enscape Settings.

@drobbins13 currently no way to do this - but I'll still gladly file it as a feature request which will be forwarded to our developers!