Dimension tool

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • We have been using encape for while now, but we are investing in other softwares. Reason is cause Enscape doesnt have a tool to measure. Or atleast it allow us to display annotations which are in 3D view. That way we can use the revit model to show case it in Virtual Reality.

I hope this feature is available really soon. I really love Enscape. :thumbsup:

• Official Post

Hey hpsingh , thank you very much for your feedback.

The ability to measure distances in Enscape has been requested before quiet a few times, so you can be assured that we're aware of the demand for this implementation. I'll also upvote the corresponding topic on our agenda and add your feedback. :) There is no ETA currently when this will be implemented though so stay tuned.

Further, could you detail a bit more what you mean with "display annotations which are in 3D view", how exactly do you imagine this functionality to work? I'm asking, because if you give me a short description I'll also file this as a feature request accordingly. Thanks!

• Hey hpsingh , thank you very much for your feedback.

The ability to measure distances in Enscape has been requested before quiet a few times, so you can be assured that we're aware of the demand for this implementation. I'll also upvote the corresponding topic on our agenda and add your feedback. :) There is no ETA currently when this will be implemented though so stay tuned.

Further, could you detail a bit more what you mean with "display annotations which are in 3D view", how exactly do you imagine this functionality to work? I'm asking, because if you give me a short description I'll also file this as a feature request accordingly. Thanks!

Demian,

When you do implement this feature, please make it an option to remove when exporting. Sometimes we'll send this to a contractor and we do not want them to start measuring distances using an Enscape Viewer when they need to be looking at our construction documents and producing RFI's when they see missing information.

• Official Post

Demian,

When you do implement this feature, please make it an option to remove when exporting. Sometimes we'll send this to a contractor and we do not want them to start measuring distances using an Enscape Viewer when they need to be looking at our construction documents and producing RFI's when they see missing information.

Will add this as feedback to the topic as well! Thanks a lot. :)

• Please don't implement this feature... tho we need it badly

because it will make Enscape become the best VR design review app and kill other apps... like IrisVR, InsiteVR, Revit Live, VRcollab, Revizto, etc

those company employees have families to raise! have some mercy! leave an "Escape" for them!

• Official Post

Please don't implement this feature... tho we need it badly

because it will make Enscape become the best VR design review app and kill other apps... like IrisVR, InsiteVR, Revit Live, VRcollab, Revizto, etc

those company employees have families to raise! have some mercy! leave an "Escape" for them!

:D I'll definitely add your upvote and feedback to the topic! It should generally be just a matter of time until this is being implemented, as we know that there is quiet a bit of demand for this functionality.

• So if this feature is in high demand and for good reason, just wondering how long it will take you guys to do this? Been over a year now, is it a year or two plus for each important feature request or how do you guys go about creating features is it about the community or how does that work?

• Official Post

So if this feature is in high demand and for good reason, just wondering how long it will take you guys to do this? Been over a year now, is it a year or two plus for each important feature request or how do you guys go about creating features is it about the community or how does that work?

Welcome to our forum! This is actually a feature we plan to implement with Enscape 2.9, or a preview coming after that version. When it comes to feature requests in general it involves a process of looking at those which have the highest demand, and then also figuring out how complex each of these would be to implement - so for example, if there are 2 feature requests demanded a lot, and they are not too hard nor time consuming to implement, we may prefer adding these before another feature which may have a bit more demand but is harder to implement. The process is more advanced than that of course and may be adjusted in the future too.

• Official Post

Did this ever get implemented yet (am I just missing it as an option in the app somewhere on 3.4?)

If not please consider this a resounding up-vote!

This has not been implemented yet, but I have gladly forwarded your feedback as well!

• Pinging this again as well! My team often sets up our files with multiple proxies into a main model so we can all work simultaneously. Sometimes things move or get shifted and cease to align from one model to the other as they should. Would be great if we could use a measure tool in our main model to precisely how off something is, so we can make adjustments.

Please bring us this feature! Thanks!