Procedural textures

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I know that there are plugins and some of the native applications have dedicated procedural textures, however with the plunge Enscape took into Assets I feel that it isn't such a stretch to at least look into the idea:

- Have a material type called "Procedural"

- This will repeat a tiled pattern with some random variations for each tile.

- Define a tiling shape (grid, plank, brick, hex, herringbone, cell) with x,y sizes and a variation percent that would affect each differently (grid = x or y, plank = offset or y, brick = size or deviation, hex = sides or rotation, cell = seed or density)

- Define the primary direction that the pattern will run on the face of the object (which way x and y are)

- Edge padding size, material, depth and chamfer facets (0 = hard edge, 1 = 45º, ... 5= rounded)

- Edge deviation to define an amplitude, density and smoothness (0% all = straight line, 100% amplitude = width of padding size, 100% density = condensed

- Body materials to be used (list) with an option of number of random rotations against each material (rotation angles = 360º/n) and an option on if the texture should be trimmed or stretched to fit.

- The materials above would be selected from any other material available.

This could be used to make seamless and random (ie more natural) wall tiles, floor boards, cladding, walls, pathing and even to have a more random grass or gravel texture.

• Official Post

Thank you for the feedback Gadget , this has already been requested before, so I'll add your feedback to the feature request, and of course a +1! :)

Again, thank you for the taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

• WOW no one supporting this? Think about a wall, floor, etc you dont want it to be so uniform as that is not realistic you want patterns to be realistic so generating different displacement and patterns so the brick wall look different. Just like the grass being randomize. :) There is already something professional that is out. :)

• Official Post

WOW no one supporting this? Think about a wall, floor, etc you dont want it to be so uniform as that is not realistic you want patterns to be realistic so generating different displacement and patterns so the brick wall look different. Just like the grass being randomize. :) There is already something professional that is out. :)

Thank you, I've gladly forwarded your feedback plus upvote of course. :)

• Official Post

+1 from me too...

Added!

• Official Post

+1

Thanks! :)

• You are better off using Substance Alchemist or now it's called Adobe Substance Sampler to make material and save this in a PBR format. I do not see Enscape implementing this as it is generally more complex. However, it may be possible for Enscape to integrate SBSAR files.