reflection issues

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi Guys,

I'm getting terrible reflections in all my renders when I use either face me components or 2D Flat backgrounds. Is there a way to fix this? I use a mix of flat 2D PNGs and 3D assets to bring large file sizes down and to make scenes like these easier to navigate but the rendered results are terrible. Even in 2.5. Is there a way to make these reflections better? Or allow better reflections on export for rendered stills? Its fine when navigating the scene, but on export I have to go and fix everything in post before I can send these off tho clients.

• Face me's should not appear in reflections at all. You can avoid this pattern by not using the vegetation material on the geometry in the mirror.

• well

it will be better to not reflect any of these asset vegetation because of that unhappy reflections and it can be done rather in PS .

can you just turn reflections off from AL vegetation until it will be done properly ?

• Face me's should not appear in reflections at all. You can avoid this pattern by not using the vegetation material on the geometry in the mirror.

Some are face me others are just 2D flat components with the foliage material. But when I turn it into a dusk scene I want to see that light shine through the trees behind the camera.

well

it will be better to not reflect any of these asset vegetation because of that unhappy reflections and it can be done rather in PS .

can you just turn reflections off from AL vegetation until it will be done properly ?

The goal is visualization in Enscape and the Enscape team has made it clear I. The past their goal is to give good in scene results that they don’t feel the compositing workflow is one they intend to pursue (there are comments regarding this with screen matching issues).

That said I’d like to be able to have high quality reflections of what’s behind the camera. Maybe it’s an advance or capture toggle “enable high quality reflections in export”.

Lumion has a method for this where you choose what surface you want high quality reflections on. Not sure how Enscape might do it but it’s definitely necessary.

• Hi -

I'm having reflection issues as well.

The floor in this model has a reflective surface.

The issue I'm having is that in the reflection of the figures, their shadows have a blown out area around them.

What I'm using here are a silhouette from the Sketchup 3D warehouse as well as one of the Enscape 3D people assets.

I've tried various lighting and atmosphere settings. Nothing seems to get rid of it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• The floor in this model has a reflective surface.

The issue I'm having is that in the reflection of the figures, their shadows have a blown out area around them.

What I'm using here are a silhouette from the Sketchup 3D warehouse as well as one of the Enscape 3D people assets.

I've tried various lighting and atmosphere settings. Nothing seems to get rid of it.

You intended to use a skybox (with mountains) but placed a plane instead. If you use a skybox, with your mountains this issue will not be present.

• Hi Thomas -

The plane with the mountains on it represents a scenic flat/backdrop being built for a photo shoot so a skybox wont work in this situation.

The flooring they are going with is a reflective mylar.

Are there any settings I can use to avoid getting those blown out areas in the floor reflections?