New version: 2.5.2!

• We just released the new Enscape version 2.5!

Have a look at the blog post to see a list of changes.

There are several options to upgrade:

• Follow the link in your trial registration email
    • Click the update link in the in-program notification
    • Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

EDIT (12.04.19):

We’ve just released our official 2.5.1 hotfix, which solves a number of issues contained in the previous 2.5 release:

• Decals with cut-out textures are working again (Revit)
    • We support Revit 2020 (Preview)
    • ArchiCAD keyboard input issues have been resolved
    • Brightness/exposure flickering in video renderings is fixed

Further fixes include:

• Blurry sky in renderings fixed
    • Sending feedback after standalone errors is working again
    • Multiple crash fixes (including issues with some texture formats)
    • Issues with missing VulkanDLLs are fixed
    • Flickering artifacts of artificial light sources resolved

EDIT (16.05.19):

We’ve just released our official 2.5.2 hotfix::

• Reduced memory usage by downsampling large textures
    • Fixed wrong orientation of keyframes/views when two-point perspective is active
    • Fixed objects behind glass are black with active section plane (Sketchup)

Lots of smaller bugfixes:

• Mirror, metal and frosted keywords not working in Rhino & Archicad
    • Enscape does not write Log Files in Revit 2020
    • Cannot run standalone executables with vc++ redistributable 2015-2019
    • Opacity map and emissive does not work as expected
    • Can't render image in ArchiCAD if Enscape Settings window is open
    • Metallicness can be configured for transparent surfaces
    • .ico file cannot be loaded in Revit but in other CADs
    • Asset Placement broken in Archicad teamwork projects
    • Can't disable the video editor from the CAD while editing a keyframe
    • Camera Paths with keyed ToD invert sun angle randomly
    • Wrong transformation unit in Rhino material editor ui
    • Archicad customization settings crashes
    • No visual indication when asset data cannot be downloaded from server
    • Archicad asset placement - missing early out/guard in parameter access
    • Various crashes
  • Hi Thomas Willberger I see that there is both a 2.5.1 and 2.5.1-Preview version. But the release notes say very little of what the "various bug fixes" actually are. Are there any more in-depth release notes about these versions? I'm having trouble with 2.5 and some material issues, but don't want to upgrade to something new that doesn't actually solve my problems.

Thanks!

• does this "fix" address issue with outlines that has been captured in a number of forum posts already? Thanks. I reverted back to 2.4 and dont want to jump ahead again until this critical one is fixed.

No. I've tried it with the latest version 2.5.1.9-g5aab020 and the 'hard outlines' still occur. I usually put my outlines at 3% to make the edges stand out a little bit, but the outlines render very thick. I reverted back to version 2.4.2.10-g5495b9a untill this get fixed.

• No. I've tried it with the latest version 2.5.1.9-g5aab020 and the 'hard outlines' still occur. I usually put my outlines at 3% to make the edges stand out a little bit, but the outlines render very thick. I reverted back to version 2.4.2.10-g5495b9a untill this get fixed.

Ive been working with support on the same issue Tom. They said theyre going to be adding some kind of convenient way to scale textures up and down depending on need. So im good with using 2.4 until that comes out.

• No. I've tried it with the latest version 2.5.1.9-g5aab020 and the 'hard outlines' still occur. I usually put my outlines at 3% to make the edges stand out a little bit, but the outlines render very thick. I reverted back to version 2.4.2.10-g5495b9a untill this get fixed.

I also prefer the older version for the edge effects

• Hello,

I have a question about the new version 2.5.1. Since I installed it, when I move in the 3D it seems like i'm "sliding" on the floor.

Indeed, when I stop moving, there's a laps of time where I keep sliding, when in the older version it stopped immediately. I was wondering if it was a bug or just a new feature? And if it's a new feature, how can I disable it? I tried the mouse smoothing, movement smoothing, mouse speed and movement speed settings but I still have the sliding effect.

Thank you for your help.

• There is currently no way to turn that off - I'll check with our developers whats feasible regarding a way to disable this.

Generally, and I fully understand that this may be bothering, but maybe you could let me know why this is not practical in your current use-case of Enscape? :)

• Another new feature in 2.5 that I find very unproductive is the 'natural bounce' movement in walk mode, where walking up/down the stair or level changes results in a slight knee bounce at every stop. In a project where there are many level changes, it adds motion sickness and unnecessary movements. It would be great if this could be turned off, so when walking up/down a stair, it's a constant smooth movement and not 50 tiny up and down springy movements.

This feature is also buggy in sketchup when changing between design options/layers. It causes the camera to catapult 30 meters into the air. It also sometimes happen when even just changing the floor materials.

This feature is common in first person shooter game, but is gimmicky and unprofessional when presenting serious architectural projects to clients. I feel bad criticising this feature as some Enscape engineer probably worked hard to perfect the slight movement, but I feel this is a case where less is more...

• Hello @immarkkim and BMengineering

we improved the movement system in version 2.5 so you would more naturally walk up stairs and not have a hard jerking motion once you reach each step. This system allows you to smoothly walk over relatively high steps (approx 30 cm). This smooth motion up steps and stairs actually improves issues with motion sickness and the hard jerky motion was a previous complaint.

The bounce, when you jump of the roof, is a side effect of the underlying system, as the spectator gets softly pushed out of the ground. The bounce and smoothness of walking up steps is linked. If you have larger steps on you stairs, it needs to be softer and if you have shorter steps it needs to be harder. We calibrated the response for average stairs.

If you have a project or a test scene where you feel like this system really does perform badly please contact our support and we will have a look in improving the walk mode further.

@immarkkim

Also no offence taken, we try to make the walk mode as natural as possible, not emulate games. That we get some undesired side effects that games have, comes from the fact that we use similar technology.

• Hello guys,

After the newest version 2.5.1 of Enscape I can't render an image anymore. It says Enscape is using GPU and then you can ignore or update graphic card, which i did. So i tried ignore and then it crashed. both enscape and revit closed. anybody experiencing the same problem ?