WASD stops functioning

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have had a few instances where a running window of Enscape will lose WASD functionality and only the arrow keys will work. Typically restarting Enscape will fix the issue, but certainly frustrating when it happens in meetings in front of clients.

Have experienced this on 2.4 and 2.5 in Sketchup.

• Official Post

mpotoka , thanks a lot for your post, I'm sorry to hear about this issue.

First off, when this problem occurs, can you still use WASD just fine anywhere else? In SketchUp itself, when opening notepad/word and typing "WASD"?

If so, sending us a feedback report as described here could give use further clues as to why this happens.

Kindly also add your forum name or some other reference as well so that we can easily connect the report to this thread.

Also, anything unusual about the keyboard you're using? Maybe you could give me the name / model?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• The issue has happened to me at two different workstations so far. One conference room an one at my desk. They are both using logitech wireless keyboards (K270)

The keyboard in general still works in other programs, although I don't know if I specifically typed the wasd keys, but all indication is that they would still work.

The arrow keys still worked for navigation. If it happens again I will submit a feedback report

• Official Post

The issue has happened to me at two different workstations so far. One conference room an one at my desk. They are both using logitech wireless keyboards (K270)

The keyboard in general still works in other programs, although I don't know if I specifically typed the wasd keys, but all indication is that they would still work.

The arrow keys still worked for navigation. If it happens again I will submit a feedback report

Very peculiar. If it happens again, please be so very kind as to also make use of the wasd keys in any other software just to check if it works fine, and a feedback report would be great in addition as well. :) Thanks!