Put Entourage Assets in the Entourage category

• Not sure how you guys missed this....

People, vehicles, etc. do not belong in the planting category...

This is by design. We're looking into ways to adjust this in the future, but as Pieter mentioned, it's placed there to allow scaling. :)

• This is by design. We're looking into ways to adjust this in the future, but as Pieter mentioned, it's placed there to allow scaling. :)

Don't get me wrong, I take brute force methods against Revit's differentiated behavior of categories as well, just know that this is an issue.

I agree that you're taking the right approach to making the software work for your assets

I must insist that this is still a workaround, and will always be read that way, and that people will always be confused by it, because Revit relies on things being in the right categories. It WILL cause problems with graphics overrides, schedules, filters, view templates, etc. and require extra work on designers to filter around them.

All this being said, I think you should advocate for the behavior you need in the appropriate category and take it up with Autodesk, since they are pretty much causing the problem.

You guys are big enough now to have some weight in the conversation, in my opinion.

Thanks for reading!

• Thanks for your feedback!

We generally plan to move our assets in the following corresponding correct categories in Revit itself, so it's just a matter of time. I can't say if this will be implemented with 2.6 already, but this is definitely something which is on our agenda! :)